This information is provided by the candidate
Tap's EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
Tap's BUSINESS BACKGROUND
- An MSBA in finance and a BA in business administration, cum laude. I also have extensive educational experience in public finance.
Tap's PERSONAL BACKGROUND
- Ten years' experience with the Federal Reserve System rising from a cost accounting analyst in D.C., to procedural auditor, to cost accounting expert, to divisional controller for the S.F. Fed's 5 data centers located in S.F., L.A., Portland, Seattle and Salt Lake City.
- Nine years as president of a financial consulting and computer brokering business.
- Four years as a restaurant manager for Taco Bell Corporation.
- Seventeen years as a Financial Adviser/Investment Adviser Representative, first with Ameriprise Financial and currently with Woodbury Financial.
Tap's LOCAL COMMUNITY SERVICE BACKGROUND
- Married to Sue Merrick, since 2001. Sue taught at Nimitz from 2008 to 2011. Now teaches middle school.
- Three grown children and five grandchildren.
- Maintain my own yard weekly.
- I exercise for two hours per day.
- Used to commute 4 hours per day into S.F., now about ten seconds across the hall. :-)
- Nineteen seasons coaching local youth sports teams (baseball, softball, basketball, soccer, football).
- Twelve years serving on youth sports boards of directors, including president of Pony Baseball.
- Fifteen seasons officiating youth sports (soccer, baseball and softball).
- Chairman, Save Peterson Field Committee
- Vice-chairman, Santa Clara Neighbors for Responsible Development to scale back various developments near Birdland, including Santa Clara Square, Marina Playa, the old Kaiser site, and the old Wheels on Deals site.
- Singular efforts to mobilize the community against the sale of Raynor School.
- 2011 Charter Review Committee member regarding a directly elected mayoral position.
- Committee member on the "No on Measure A" committee against a directly elected mayor.
- Co-founder and board member of Sunnyvale Pension Reform, a 700 member organization designed to promote fiscal responsibility within Sunnyvale.
- Often vocal community activist at Council meetings for ten years.