(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
James T. "Jim" Beall, Jr.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member, Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors
- Former Chair of the Metropolitan Transportation Commission 1998-2000
- BA In Political Science, San Jose State University
- Member, San Jose City Council, 1981-1994
- Chairperson of the Santa Clara County Health Authority
- Married to Pat Beall
- One Stepson, Greg
Lawrence R. Hileman
- Work to adequately fund K-12 education and make College affordable for all qualified students
- Make health insurance available to all residents of Santa Clara County through a public-private partnership.
- Improve public transportation throughout the state and work to extend BART to San Jose.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Senior Software Engineer
- Married 24 years; father of 4 teenagers
- BSA Eagle Scout with Bronze Palm 1979
- Master of Science in Computer Science from CSU Chico in 1993
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from CSULA 1987
- Member of ground-support team for the Voyager-Neptune encounter at NASA-JPL
- Cancer Survivor since 1999
Lionel H. Silva
- Lower Taxes & Smaller, More Efficient Government
- Stronger Borders & Comprehensive Immigration Reform
- Quality Public Schools & More Effective Use Of State Funds Earmarked For Education
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Information Technology Manager
- Oppose abuse of eminent domain. Protect our property rights!
- Part time California legislature
- Neutral redistricting for fairer representation
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
Campaign Finance Data
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Project Vote Smart
- Sept. 21: Campbell City Council Chambers
70 N. First St.
6:00-Campbell City Council Candidates
7:40-24th Assembly District Candidates
- League of Women Voters
- Fri, Oct. 6: Saratoga Library Community Room
13650 Saratoga Ave. at Fruitvale Ave., Saratoga
6:00-Saratoga City Council Candidates
7:30-14th Congressional District Candidates
8:30-24th Assembly District Candidates
- League of Women Voters
- Weds, Oct. 11, 6:30p.m.
Willow Glen Baptist Church
Minnesota Ave & Hicks
Program also includes San Jose City Council District 6.
- Willow Glen Neighborhood Assoc. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.