California State Government
March 2, 2004 Election
QUALITY HEALTHCARE FOR ALL AMERICANS IS ESSENTIAL.
- 40 MILLIONS AMERICANS ARE UNINSURED.
- ELDERLY AMERICANS ARE WORRIED THAT THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE
TO AFFORD PRESCRIPTION DRUGS, THE MEDICAL BENEFITS WILL BE REDUCED AND THE NUMBER OF UNINSURED AMERICANS WILL RISE.
- THEY ARE CONCERNED ABOUT WHAT THE PROGRAMS WOULD LOOK FOR THEIR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN.
- SOCIAL SECURITY IS A MAJOR CONCERN TO SENIOR CITIZENS.
- Provide treatment to those diagnosed with breast and cervical cancer.
- Favor adding prescription drug benefit to Medicare by providing more options to recipients and a greater choice of plans.
- Expanding health coverage through medical saving ccounts.
- Charging wealthier Medicare recipients more for coverage.
- Strengthening tax incentives to small businesses that provide health coverage to employees.
- Full tax deduction for self-employed and long term care.
- Affordable health coverage for children and adults in low-to-middle income families.
- Would segregate any surplus from Social Security Trust Fund in a lock box to assure funds could not be shifted to other programs.
- Favor letting workers invest portion of Social Security
payroll tax in private investments accounts.
- Allow younger workers the option of investing majority of their payroll taxes in private investments.
Please visit my web site http://www.Qforcongress.com/issues.html for more information. Thank you.
- I was at the steps of the City of San Francisco Hall on Monday, Feb 23 and Tuesday Feb 24/04 for couple of hours displaying a sign "Marriage is between man and woman" and I am entitled to my opinion.
- I understand Mayor Newsom is marrying gay people to uphold equal protection rights and promote respect, love and affection among the people.
- I did not find this at all. In stead of engaging in a civil argument, I was disappointed to find that same-sex marriage supporters and some employees to be belligerent, insulting, jeering and were taking unauthorized pictures.
- This was very unbecoming of people who want support and respect for their marriages from the majority.
- It is a near-riot situation. They want to engage you in very hostile and angry discussions.
Position Paper 3
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
March 2004 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: February 26, 2004 11:49
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.