(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Crisis Counselor/Attorney
- BA - Child Development
- Concentration - Abnormal Psychology
- Juris Doctorate
- Law Licenses - California & Nevada
Roger L. Horton
- Housing for Mid-range and Affordable Levels
- Environmental Protection, Traffic & Transportation
- Regional Cooperation
- Occupation: Retired University Administrator
- UCSB Assistant Chancellor - Budget & Administrative Operations
- President - Santa Barbara Downtown Organization
- City of Santa Barbara Transportation Committee member
- Frmr. President- Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation
- Treasurer -Santa Barbara Family Care Center
- Founding Member - Pearl Chase Society
Dan B. Secord
- Preservation - Protecting Santa Barbara's unique cultural & historical integrity
- Traffic - Continue promoting alternative, environmentally safe transportation
- Child Care - Affordable, Accessible & Quality child care for Santa Barbara
- Occupation: Youth Family Specialist
Keith J. Coffman-Grey
- Occupation: Small Business Attorney
- Occupation: Business Manager
- 40-year resident of Santa Barbara
- Cofounder/President, Stonewall Democratic Club of the Central Coast
- Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics Executive Board of Directors
- Led community efforts to preserve Dr. Warren Austin's Val Verde estate and gardens
- Member, Coalition for a Living Wage
- Member, Coalition for Domestic Partnership, helped to pass landmark domestic partner registry
Isaac J. Garrett
- AFFORDABLE HOUSING: Continue City's policy of finding ways to add housing. Create affordable, adequate housing for seniors and working families.
- DENSITY: Include mixed-use housing/business in core Downtown area while preserving our suburban neighborhoods. Working regionally on growth.
- CONSERVATION: Watch over Measure B clean creeks money. Work with community on coastal issues. Maintain Measure E growth limits.
- Occupation: Real Estate Counselor
- Real Estate Broker
- Graduate of the Realtors' Institute of California
- Santa Barbara County Grand Jury 1991-92
- Election Task Force City Of Santa Barbara
- Board of Directors SB Association of Realtors
- Fmr. President of NAACP Santa Barbara Branch
Joseph Luke Appleton
- District Elections is vital to holding city elected official accountable
- Finding a balance between residents, business and tourist
- Returning the street sweepers to all residential areas of the city
- Occupation: Retired City Firefighter
- Critical Incident Command Instructor
- Aircraft Rescue Instructor
- FAA Aviation Safety Counselor
- Hazardous Materials Specialist & Instructor
- Clandestine Lab Investigator
- Former POST (Police) Instructor
David Esparza, Jr.
- Ensuring implementation of Homeland Defense.
- Bringing community together during this critical time in our country.
- Restoring faith and trust in local government.
- Occupation: Student/Package Sorter
- 8th Generation Santa Barbara Native
- National Hispanic Scholar
Charles R. "Carlos" Quintero
- District Elections
- Affordable Housing
- Environmental Protection
Marcia C. Sherman
- Occupation: Arbitrator/Mediator/Barber
- Occupation: Teacher/Consultant/Writer
- Ph. D. Transpersonal Psychology
- M.S. Counseling/Sociology
- Bachelor's - Harp Performance/Composition
- Owned Own Business of Invented Harp Carrier and Music Performance
- Director Extension Studies/Sierra U
- Organized/Ran Town Hall Meetings for Perot Campaign
- Moderate Income Housing
- More Community Involvement in Decision-Making Process
- Fiscal Responsibility with all Government Agencies/Lower Taxes
- Occupation: Retired Businessman
- A.A. Degree in Business
- President of the Resident Council, Santa Barbara Housing Authority
- Santa Barbara County Grand Jury Member
- Staff Member Santa Barbara Homeless Shelter
- Past President of Villa LaCumbre Resident Committee
- Volunteer- Santa Barbara County Elections Board
- Require City Council and City Departments to service Santa Barbara
- Improve our infra-structure for Santa Barbara's quality of Life
- Protect our environment for the Santa Barbara citizens
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|