This information is provided by the candidate
MEET YOUR NEXT CONGRESSMAN WHO IS A CITIZEN LEGISLATOR WITH INTEGRITY & DEFINITE AGENDA, NOT A PROFESSIONAL POLITICIAN. I WILL WORK WITHOUT PAY AND MY SALARY WILL GO TO THE CHARITIES IN THE DISTRICT.
AT A TIME WHEN OUR NATION NEEDS THE VERY BEST FROM ALL OF US, BILL QURAISHI IS READY TO SERVE AND GIVE HIS BEST TO AMERICA.
The only failure in life is not to try.
Republican Nominee for the office of United States Representative in Congress in 1986, 88, 90 & 2000.
Served as a U. S. diplomat to Government of S. Korea in power & energy.
NATIONAL DEFENSE EXECUTIVE RESERVIST
Placing special trust and confidence in my patriotism, fidelity, and abilities, I was designated member of National Defense Executive Reserve by the United States of America to help coordinate efforts and participate in exercises with other federal agencies and armed forces to assure continuity of government during a national emergency.
U. S. ARMY
Served as an electrical engineer for U. S. Army, Europe, Engineer Command in Frankfurt, Germany.
ENTREPRENEUR & SMALL BUSINESS
Owner/Founder of Engineering Management Consultants (EMC) in power & energy since 1975.
Project & Construction Management of multi-billion dollars power & energy projects including the following expertise:
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control (ISO 9000),
- Nuclear, Electrical & Value Engineering,
- Planning & Scheduling,
- Expert in computer hardware & software industrial applications for major projects,
- U. S. & International Business Development.
- Formerly Assistant to President of Fluor Power Corporation.
- Senior member of project management teams of Westinghouse Electric, Bechtel, Fluor corporations, responsible for engineering, procurement & construction of multi-billion dollars projects.
- Consulting assignments for domestic & overseas electric utilities, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Small Business Administration (SBA), Department of Energy (DOE), International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and several engineering and construction firms.
- 25 years of experience in design, engineering & construction of power generation, transmission & distribution systems for major projects.
- Feasibility studies for environmental, energy conservation, transportation & power plant projects.
EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT TRAINING
- Professional Nuclear & Electrical Engineer.
- M. B. A. (Management).
- Certified Value Engineering Analyst.
Executive Management Training Program at Siemens, Erlangen & AEG, Frankfurt in Germany for one year in marketing & manufacturing of generation, transmission & distribution equipment for power plants.
Arabic, French, German, Japanese & Korean.
Asia Pacific, Africa, Europe, Middle East, Southwest & Southeast Asia, Latin & North America.
ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE
A DEDICATED AND TALENTED FAMILY THE COMMUNITY IS PROUD OF:
OUR CHILDREN ANDREW, KEVIN & MICHELLE
- My wife Karen and I have been married for 34 years and live in Half Moon Bay for 30 years.
- She has a B.Sc. Degree summa cum laude in Child Development and M.Sc. Degree in Child Psychology.
- With the help of parents, she founded and started a Coastside Infant/Toddler Center (CITC) from scratch 23 years ago without a penny from government and is considered a model in the community and the nation.
- Parents and private fundraisers support the center. Several San Francisco Bay Area foundations such as United Way, David & Lucile Packard Foundation are firm supporters of the center.
- The center has provided quality childcare to thousands of families in the Bay Area since 1978.
Please visit my website http://www.Qforcongress.com for family pictures and more information.
- Our youngest son Andrew, a top athlete and an honors student, is at University of Natal, Pietermaritzberg, S. Africa and will graduate in April, 2001 in Wild Life Sciences and Management of National Parks.
- Our middle son Kevin, also a top athlete and a 1996 honors graduate from University of California Berkeley, graduated and was commissioned on July 21, 2000 from the Officer Candidate School, the Cradle of Naval Aviation at Pensacola, Florida with honors and an additional distinction of Class Leader of Class 22-00 to start his career as Naval Aviator and has been assigned to a Flying Squadron.
- Our eldest Laura Michelle at age 21, graduated with honors with B. A. Degree in Literature and Education in June 1992.
She spent two years in Paraguay, South America, as a Teacher Trainer Consultant appointed by Peace Corps and helped implement a teaching curriculum for use at primary school level.
She graduated with an additional Masters Degree in Education from San Francisco State University in 1998.
She is presently teaching Spanish bilingual kindergarten classes at Leonard Flynn Elementary School in San Francisco.