Los Angeles, Ventura County, CA
November 6, 2012 Election
Howard Berman's record of achievement includes:
- Serving as Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee
- Building and securing the U.S. relationship with Israel
- Putting hundreds more police officers on Valley streets
- Tough new sanctions on Iran
- House Passage of the DREAM Act (he is the author)
- Federal funding to widen the 405 and 101
- Legislation clamping down on helicopter noise
- Billions in disaster relief after the Northridge earthquake
- Creating the Santa Monica Conservancy that has preserved 55,000 acres of beaches, mountains, & parks
- Tax write-offs for film and TV to stop runaway production
- Original Co-sponsor of the Fair Pay Act to end pay discrimination against women.
- Tough copyright protection laws that protect Valley jobs
- Blocking the sale of weapons to terrorist nations
- Establishing Cal START a pioneer of the electric car and other environmentally friendly transportation technologies
- The Fair Credit for Women Act which enables women to establish credit in their own name after a divorce
- California's Family Leave law that allows women to return to work after taking time off to care for their babies
- Legislation that combats human trafficking
- Amendments to the False Claims Act that have recovered $30 billion of taxpayer money from waste, fraud and abuse.
- Funding to fight global HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria
- Protecting Americans working and volunteering overseas
- Author of the Agricultural Labor Relations Act giving farm workers rights for the first time
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2012 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: October 9, 2012 20:23
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.