(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: United States Congressman/CPA
- Served on the Board of Directors for California Common Cause from 1984 to 1989, working to reform state campaign finance laws
- Served on the California State Board of Equalization from 1991 to 1996 and fought to make tax laws fair for middle class families
- Senior member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and Financial Services Committee
- Serves as the ranking Democrat on the Subcommittee on Terrorism and Nonproliferation
- Graduated from UCLA and Harvard Law School and worked in the private sector for 15 years as a CPA and tax law specialist
- Married to Lisa Kaplan Sherman with three daughters, Molly, Naomi and Lucy
Howard L. Berman
- Creating jobs and opposing unfair trade deals that ship Valley jobs overseas
- Reforming Wall Street by cracking down on those who created the financial crisis and breaking up banks that are "too big to fail"
- Protecting Social Security and Medicare
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member of Congress
- Chairman, House Committee on Foreign Affairs 2008-2011
- California State Assembly 1972-82
- UCLA, BA International Affairs, 1962
- UCLA School of Law, LLB, 1965
- Create and protect high skill high wage jobs
- Improve our schools and keep college tuition affordable
- Keep America safe, at home and abroad
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
New Districts for 2012!
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the line(s) for US House 30. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
- Key Votes in Congress
- Enter your zip to see your representatives. Click on the person's name to see how your Congressional Representative voted on many key issues.
- Wednesday, October 10
time: 3:00 pm
place: ONE Generation, on Victory Blvd just east of Reseda Blvd. in Reseda Park.
co-sponsors: LWV Los Angeles, ONEgeneration, AAUW, AARP, and Council on Aging
more info: 213-368-1616
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
3/2/04, 11/5/02, 11/7/00, 3/7/00,
- All links open in new window
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.