(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Non-Profit Organization Director
- Worked for the Consumer Attorneys of California - Trial Lawyers
- Board Member - Equality California fighting for Gay Rights
Nathan M Mintz
- Fight to make the oil companies pay an oil severance tax--California is the only state that does not require oil companies to pay to drill for oil.
- Support legislation to allow the state Department of Insurance to regulate and prohibit excessive health insurance premium hikes.
- Fight to close the special interest corporate tax loopholes robbing our state of billions needed to fund our schools, health care and public safety.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Systems Engineer
- Bachelors and Masters in Materials Science Engineering from Stanford.
- Four Patents Pending
- Advocate for common sense reform in government
- Lives in Redondo Beach with his wife Judith and their dog.
- A lifelong California resident and the son of a commercial fisherman
Lisa Ann Green
- Stop out of control government spending by changing the way Sacramento does business
- Lower taxes and cut complicated regulation to bring jobs back to California.
- Bring money back to local school districts by cutting red tape in Sacramento.
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Organic Product Creator
- 20 yrs in corporate budgeting
- holistic sustainability educator
- skilled at bringing visionary changes to fruition
- artist, public speaker and team player focus
- community organizer
Ethan Michael Musulin
- Raise taxes on corporations while preserving services for our people
- Fully legalize marijuana, grow/manufacture industrial hemp
- Create a State Bank to inject money into local banks and credit unions
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Referee
- Substitute Campus Security Officer for Torrance Unified School District.
- Former Community Services Officer for Hermosa Beach Police Department.
- Former Torrance Police Explorer volunteer, earned Top Explorer Cadet honors for City of Torrance.
- Former member of ProtestWarrior.
- Appeared as a contestant on "Wheel of Fortune" in 2004, winning $37,340 in cash and prizes.
- Lifelong resident of Torrance, and plans to stay that way.
- Solving the budget crisis through drastic reduction in spending and taxes.
- Placing a freeze on all bonds and borrowing for the next 10 years.
- Reducing the role of government in Californian's lives.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Choices, Budget Process, Higher Education, and Major Issues and Priorities.
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
Campaign Finance Data
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
Secretary of State
Project Vote Smart
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
- All links open in new window
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.