This is an archive of a past election.|
See http://www.smartvoter.org/oh/hm/ for current information.
|League of Women Voters of Ohio Education Fund
Kevin P. O'Brien
The questions were prepared by the LWV Cincinnati Area and asked of all candidates for this office.
Read the answers from all candidates (who have responded).
1. What are your Qualifications for Office? (50 word limit)
I've been an Anderson resident for 40+ years. My wife and I operate 2 businesses in Anderson. As a Trustee, my business experience and community involvement will be helpful making Anderson a better community. The Board of Trustees needs fresh energy and ideas. In Anderson, "It's Time For A Change".
2. What plans do you have to address your top three priorities? (100 word limit)
1. A sound fiscal plan is a necessity for Anderson Township.
2. The addition of a quality bookstore and family style movie theater will make Anderson a better community. This may also encourage additional stores and shopping at the Anderson Towne Center and surrounding areas.
3. The creation of the "Anderson Township Community Fund" will encourage local investment in our public facilities. Tax benefits will encourage support for the activities of non-profit organizations, ie: senior citizen center, an arts center, parks and schools.
3. What would you do to diminish negative environmental impacts of the Eastern Corridor project and protect the designation of the Little Miami as a National Wild and Scenic River? (100 word limit)
My family enjoys camping, hiking and many outdoor activites. My involvement in the Cub & Boy Scouts reinforced my love of the environment. As an Eagle Scout my son planted more trees than I can remember. The Eastern Corridor bridge over the Little Miami River is a concern. I believe the final plans will adequately address negitive environmental issues.
4. What would you do to improve communications between the Township and its residents? (100 word limit)
Various township meetings are open to the public and televised on the public access cable system. Many residents use satellite systems or do not have access to cable. Technology is available to make a recording of public meetings available on demand. As a Trustee, I will be available by e-mail, telephone and in person.
5. Should trustees take a role in encouraging the use of the existing bus line and the development of new public transportation options? (100 word limit)
The "Park n Ride" lots are an important transportation option for SORTA and METRO ridership. Many Anderson Township residents value the convenient use of cars and other vehicles. The future of Anderson depends on a modern transportation infrastructure. The Eastern Corridor project will enhance access into and around Anderson. Additional sidewalks and biking trails encourage a healthy lifestyle.
6. How can the remaining Greenspace Fund best be spent? (100 word limit)
Use the existing fund to maintain the current properties. Open public discussions on public use of selected Greenspace areas. Encourage future contributions of Greenspace acreage.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
SmartVoter Home (Ballot Lookup) || About Smart Voter