(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Robert T. Matsui
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member of Congress
- Phone: 916-552-6887; Addr: PO Box 1347, Sacramento, CA 95812
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Statistical Consultant/Teacher
- Immediate Past State Co-Chairman, California College Republicans
- Board of Directors, Young Conservatives Foundation
- Founder, Students Against Academic Discrimination
- Currently finishing Ph.D. in Statistics at UC Davis
- MA, Statistics, University of Florida, 2000
- BA, Statistics, University of Florida, 1998
- Greatly simplify the tax code
- Allow individuals to privately invest Social Security funds
- Eliminate the Federal deficit
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Software Developer
- Founder Veterans For Peace Chapter 87
- Member Sacramento Green Party County Council
- Independent business owner
- Professional musician
John C. Reiger
- End the war in Iraq. Stop the draft. Reorganize military to reduce costs.
- Provide education and healthcare for everyone. Put the interests of people before corporations.
- Develop clean and sustainable energy alternatives. Hold corporations accountable for their pollution.
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Potter
- Commercial Art training, Art Center College, L.A.
- B.A., Psychology, C.S.U.S.F.
- Over 30 yers as self-employer potter.
- Active with Peace & Freedom Party on county and state level since 1968.
- Long time activist in local civic and progressive groups.
- Co-host of progressive TV show from 1994 to 2003.
- Create a national health care system covering all U.S. residents.
- Election reform, with "proportional representation" and "instant runoff voting."
- Get out of Iraq. Reduce the military. Seek peaceful solutions to international problems.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Federal Resources, Foreign Policy, and Federal Budget.
Secretary of State
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for US House 5. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.