(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Assemblymember, District 16
- Chair, Joint Legislative Audit Committee
- Majority Leader, CA Assembly 2002-2004
- Majority Whip, CA Assembly 2000-2002
- Chair, Assembly Select Committee on California Children's School Readiness and Health
- Chair, Assembly Select Committee on Asian Trade
- B.A., Wellesley College M.Ed. Stanford University
- Quality education and pre-school for all children
- Access to affordable health care, passing Proposition 72
- Protection from environmental toxics
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Business Financial Economist
- Phone: 510-649-9000; Addr: 2941 Telegraph Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the candidates with "District seeking" for 16. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.