(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Cruz M. Bustamante
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Lieutenant Governor
- Speaker of the California State Assembly 1997-1998
- Assmblymember for California's 31st District, including Fresno and Tulare Counties 1993-1998
- Co-Chair of California's "Building for the 21st Century" Infrastructure Commission
- Founder of "The Contract to Fight Breast Cancer"-- the largest voluntary breast cancer screening program in the United States
- Presidential Appointee to the 2000 United States Census Monitoring Board
- Named the 2002 "Coastal Hero" by California CoastKeeper Alliance and Robert Kennedy Jr.
Bruce A. McPherson
- Making college more affordable and accessible
- Protecting our environment--especially our coasts and waterways
- Increasing job opportunities for all Californians
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: California State Senator
- Small Business Owner
- Former Newspaper Publisher/Editor
- Chairman, Public Safety Committee
- Vice-Chairman, Education Committee
- Legislator of the Year - California Small Business Association
- Legislator of the Year - California School Boards Association
Donna J. Warren
- Economic Development and Job Creation
- Public Safety
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Certified Financial Manager
- B.S. in Business Administration from Cal State University at Los Angeles
- President of Los Angeles chapter of Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Former Green Party candidate for Congress (June, 2001)
- Elected member of the G.P. Los Angeles County Council
- Amending the "Three Strikes" law to violent felonies only!
- Redirecting funds from the prison industry to education.
- Protecting a Woman's Right To Choose
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Ferret Legalization Coordinator
- Safeguard personal liberties
- tax relief, especially for the working poor
- introduce competition into education
- Party: American Independent
- Occupation: Real Estate Broker
Paul Jerry Hannosh
- return pro-life values/California
- enforce immigration law/end illegal immigration
- return God to govt. & schools. we are "one nation under God".
- Party: Reform
- Occupation: Educator/Businessman
- US Army Veteran 1986-88
- Veterans For Peace VP 1992
- College Republican State Board member
- CRA member
- Credentialed Teacher
- Business Owner
- End Illegal Immigration
- Support 2nd Amendment
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Public Relations Director
- Phone: 323-668-7678; Addr: 11333 Moorpark St., #198, Studio City, CA 91602; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Easy Reading Voter Guide
Free Airtime Project
California Voter Foundation
News and Media
- All candidates
- overview of responsibilities, statements of candidates
KQED-FM, San Francisco, Public Radio 88.5
KCRW Santa Monica Public Radio
Daily Bruin, UCLA
Orange County Register
San Diego Union Tribune
San Francisco Chronicle
Santa Cruz Sentinel
New! League of Women Voters California "Guide to Government"
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- See the candidates and issues from the 11/03/1998 election.