(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
John A. Boehner
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Former Small Business Owner
- Education: Graduate Moeller High 1968; B.A. business, Xavier University
- Representative of 8th District in U.S. House since 1991.
- Operated small business in Butler County prior to election to Congress.
- Served in the House of Representatives & Union Township Board of Trsutees.
- Chairman, House Education & Workforce Subcommittee on Employer-Employee Relations.
- Vice Chairman, House Administration Committee; Member, House Agriculture Committee
- Paying down the national debt & reducing federal waste.
- Expanding parental involvement & local control of education.
- Expanding agriculture trade & promoting the competiveness of U.S. farmers.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: College Professor, Miami University
- Education: PhD American Studies, Rel.B., BA Political Science
- My abilities of careful and critical thinking, moral sensitivity, and skillful collaboration come from formal education and extensive experience.
- I have extensive experience as a minister and as a college professor for 28 years.
- I've also been active in civil rights and numerous community organizations.
David R. Shock
- Reform and reconstruct public education.
- Expand and secure our health care systems.
- Reform campaign financing to eliminate the undemocratic influence of big money in politics.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Graduate Student and Instructor
- B.A. Kent State University (1996)
- M.A. Miami University (1997)
- Formal education in political science and public administration
- Eliminate the national debt by using the projected budget surplus
- Allow individuals to opt out of Social Security -- Let individuals, not Washington bureaucrats, decide their own retirement plans
- Reduce crime and corruption by ending the federal government's so-called "war on drugs"
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- INTERCOMMUNITY CABLE
Program Play Dates/Times for
Election 2000: U.S. Rep. District 8 Boehner/Parks
10/9/00 at 6:00 PM on Channel 4
10/10/00 at 9:00 AM on Channel 4
10/17/00 at 9:00 AM on Channel 4 10/23/00 at 6:00 PM on Channel 4
10/24/00 at 9:00 AM on Channel 4
10/30/00 at 6:00 PM on Channel 4
10/31/00 at 9:00 AM on Channel 4
11/2/00 at 10:30PM on Channel 4 11/31/00 at 8:30 AM on Channel 4 Channel numbers listed above represent cable channels on the Warner Cable system in the communities listed below. Channel 24 listings may also be seen in Cincinnati, Norwood, and the Waycross communities. For more information, please call Phone (513) 772-4272.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Campaign Finance Information
- THE CENTER FOR RESPONSIVE POLITICS
- Secretary of State