(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: U.S Congressman, 1st District, Ohio.
- Community: Westwood
- Education: College of William and Mary, BA/Chase College of Law, JD
- As a husband, parent, and former teacher, I understand the challenges facing Cincinnati families.
- I have worked to make health care more affordable, reduce excessive tax burdens on families,
- return education dollars to local classrooms by reducing waste and bureaucracy in Washington, and protect Medicare and Social Security.
- Member of three House committees: Judiciary, International Relations, Small Business. Served as co-chairman of the House Education Task Force.
- Providing tax relief to working families while restraining wasteful government spending
- Family issues (improve education, eliminate marriage tax penalty, end partial-birth abortion)
- Protecting Social Security and Medicare by stopping raids on the trust funds
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Attorney
- Community: Price Hill
- Education: Harvard Divinity School, M.T.S., 2000; Harvard Law School, J.D., 1999, John Carroll University, B.A. 1996
- Member, Ohio State Bar; Graduate, Harvard Law School and Harvard Divinity School;
- worked for Cincinnati law firms Taft, Stettinius, and Hollister and Frost & Jacobs;
- taught history, political philosophy, and moral reasoning classes at Harvard College.
David A. Groshoff
- · Provide prescription coverage and protect patients, doctors, and nurses from HMO bureaucrats
- · Prioritize education by supporting student loans, Head Start, and rebuilding crumbling schools.
- · Reform campaign finance, which is really about giving power back to people.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Financial Advisor / Attorney
- B.A. with Honors, Indiana University
- J.D., law review, Ohio State University College of Law
Richard L. "Rich" Stevenson
- Abolishing the Income Tax
- Ending the Insane War on Drugs
- Putting an end to the senseless witch hunt against gays in the military
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Machine Draftsman, Political Writer
- Community: Lower Price Hill
- Education: BS Biology and Chemistry; Well Read
- Constitutionally qualified (over 25 yrs old, a US citizen for over seven years, and live in Ohio).
- I will work powerfully for "democracy" in our country for all citizens.
- I will adhere to our Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution.
- Natural Law Party Candidacy: "If not me, who, if not now, when?"
- Money is not speech; amend the US Constitution
- · Reconfigure our economy to create a one-job living-wage middle-class majority.
- · Spend "$25 billion" to fully fund technical / college education without loans
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Health Care, Campaign finance, and UN.
News and Analysis
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Campaign Finance Information
- THE CENTER FOR RESPONSIVE POLITICS
- Secretary of State