(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Louis W. Blessing, Jr.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Attorney
- B.A., University of Cincinnati; J.D., Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University
- Health, Human Services and Aging; Human Services and Aging Subcommittee; Judiciary, Vice Chair; State and Local Government and Veterans Affairs;
- Ways & Means, Chair
- St. Ann's Church; Colerain Township Republican Club; Knights of Columbus; Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity.
- Awards: Watchdog of the Treasurer (four times); Hamilton County Township Association Legislator of the Year;
- Bureau of National Affairs Annual Award for Scholastic Achievement
(This candidate has not responded to SmartVoter)
Stephen R. Schulte
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Professional Environmental Engineer
- MS - Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati
- BS - Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati
- Professional Engineer, State of Ohio
- Vice-chair, Southwest Ohio Libertarian Party
- Former, Vice-Chair, Libertarian Party of Ohio
- Delegate of National Libertarian Conventions: 1991, 1996, 1998
- Reduce poverty by making real cuts in wasteful and corrupting taxes and government spending by phasing out state income tax in 3 - 5 years
- End the school wars by restoring parental authority and control in education through tax credits and, eventually, separation of school and state
- Protect the environment by restoring private property rights and enforce the "polluter pays" principle
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Health care, Racial Profiling, and Housing.
- Secretary of State Candidate Profiles
- The Ohio Senate Web Page
News and Analysis
- Election 2000: State Candidate Forum Play Back Schedule on
INTERCOMMUNITY CABLE REGULATORY COMMISSION
- Candidate Forums Available on the Public Access Cable
State Senate District 8
- 10/10/00 at 9:30 PM on Channel 4,10/11/00 at 9:00 AM on Channel 4,10/17/00 at 9:30 PM on Channel 4, 10/18/00 at 9:00 AM on Channel 4, 10/24/00 at 9:30 PM on Channel 4,
10/25/00 at 9:00 AM on Channel 4,
10/31/00 at 9:30 PM on Channel 4,
11/1/00 at 9:00 AM on Channel 4
11/3/00 4:30 PM 4
Channel numbers listed above represent cable channels on the Warner Cable system in the communities listed below. Channel 24 listings may also be seen in Cincinnati, Norwood, and the Waycross communities. For more information, please call.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Campaign Finance Information
- Secretary of State