(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Wayne E. Coates
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Real Estate Broker
- Mayor of Forest Park, ten years on city council, 1989-1999
- Member Ohio Mayors Association
- Member Ohio Municipal League
- Legislative Chair Hamilton County Municipal League
- Trustee Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Government
- Trustee Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency
- Increase state funding to local school district, and lessen the dependency on local property taxes.
- Expand the Passport Program and Assisted Living Waivers to seniors and the disabled.
- Increase the minimum wage and develop an affordable health insurance program for the working disadvantaged.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Senior Claims Representative
- Hamilton Township Trustee, 1994-1997
- B.A. Xavier University in Political Science
- Studies at Oxford University, Oxford, England
- Charter Member of Americans for Tax Reform
- Member of Blue Chip Republicans
- Member of Hamilton County Republican Party
- Education Reform -- Improving Ohio's Public Education system
- Tax Reform -- Return money from state surpluses to the taxpayers
- Tort Reform -- Eliminate frivolous lawsuits from clogging our courts
- Party: Independent
- Occupation: Business Owner/Manager
- Education: Miami University (BM); Univ. of Cinti-CCM (MME); Post-Grad.-UC; Xavier Univ.
- Army Veteran; Retired Teacher and Administrator; Products Research (P&G; 8 yrs)
- Ohio School Law Journal Editorial Board
- Appearances before Ohio House and Senate Committees; Ohio Coalition for E&A of School Funding
- Demonstrated fiscal accountability as manager of school district operations
- Will provide FULL-TIME representation
- Assure Quality Education for All Students regardless of their Ohio geographical location.
- Implement Tax Reform, addressing over-reliance on property taxes and sales tax losses.
- Resolve Health Care Issues, including home care and insurance related matters.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Retired
- Education 1 year College
- Neighborhood: Wyoming
- USMC Vet.
- 50 Year Business Experience
- Life Member NRA
- Reduce Taxes
- Get Government out of Private Life
- Promote Concealed Carry (self-protection rights)
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Health care, Racial Profiling, and Housing.
- Ohio House Web Site
News and Analysis
- Election 2000: State Candidate Forum Play Back Schedule on
- Candidate Forums Available on the Public Access Cable
Election 2000: State Representative Dist. 32
10/9/00 at 8:00 PM on Channel 4,
10110/00 at 3:00 PM on Channel 4,
10/16/00 at 8:00 PM on Channel 4
10/17/00 at 3:00 PM on Channel 4
10/23/00 at 8:00 PM on Channel 4
10/24/00 at 3:00 PM on Channel 4
10/30/00 at 8:00 PM on Channel 4
10/31/00 at 3:00 PM on Channel 4
11/2/00 at 9:30 AM on Channel 4
Channel numbers listed above represent cable channels on the Warner Cable system in the communities listed below. Channel 24 listings may also be seen in Cincinnati, Norwood, and the Waycross communities. For more information, please call (513) 772-4272
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Campaign Finance Information
- Secretary of State