League of Women Voters of Ohio
all of Hamilton County, OH
November 7, 2000 Election
Judge; Court of Appeals; District 1; 6 Year Term Starting 2/12/01 Voter Information
6 Year Term. Salary $99,950
|The Court of Appeals is essentially a court of review. It hears appeals from the Common Pleas, County and Municipal Courts. Decisions are final except in cases involving Constitutional questions, felony cases in which it has original jurisdiction and cases of public or great general interest.
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Robert H. Gorman
- Occupation: Judge, Court of Appeals
- Education: Brown University (BA); University of Cincinnati College of Law (Ll.B)
- Court of Appeals (1989-present); Hamilton County Common Pleas Court (1976-89);
- Hamilton County Municipal Court (1972-76); Ohio House of Representatives (1964-66);
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Adjunct Lecturer;
- Co-author, Anderson's Ohio Criminal Practice and Procedure; Captain, USAF (JAG 1961-64)
- Author, Anderson's Criminal Practice and Procedure
- Write well reasoned decisions which are faithful to the law.
- Avoid delay
- Be courteous to lawyers and the parties alike.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Public financing, Merit selection, and Racial Fairness.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Court of Appeals
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: January 25, 2001 02:41
Smart Voter 2000 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 2000
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.