(Vote for 2)
A Message from the League of Women Voters: All candidates running in the November 3 elections throughout L.A. County are invited to post their campaign information on Smart Voter. An email with instructions on how to post has been sent to those candidates for whom we have email addresses; some of these messages, we know, have been trapped in spam filters. Candidates in areas where the League has active volunteers will receive phone calls or additional emails asking them to participate. Any L.A. County candidate who does not receive an invitation should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Neuroscience Professor/Parent
- Founder & Sr. Consultant AdaptED Consultants (2013 - Present)
- Presenter & Curriculum Development at STAR GATE Neuroscience (2013)
- Adjunct Faculty Moorpark College and Antioch University (2012 - 2015)
- Ph.D. Neuroscience University of Southern California (2011 - 2013)
- Post-doctoral research: Behavioral Neuroendocrinology
- Current Parent of Culver City public school student
Anne Allaire Burke
- Infrastructure -- Supporting a learning environment in each school
- Differentiated Learning - Reaching students who need the most intervention - high and low
- Instruction - Focusing on the best possible Teacher-to-student ratios
- Occupation: Parent/Educational Counselor
- MA Counseling, LMU School of Education
- MKM (Knowledge Management), CSUN
- BA English, UMASS-Amherst
- 4th VP, Culver City Council PTA
- Board of Directors, Culver City Little League
- Yard/Noon Duty Supervisor, CCUSD
- Lead fiscally responsible analysis and allocation of the $100+million bond that just passed in our school district.
- Set the direction for curriculum and instruction that ensures academic rigor for all students.
- Ensure that ALL students are set up for success by creating career path academies and college readiness programs.
- Occupation: Parent/Teacher Advocate
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) UCLA School of Law
- Masters from UCLA School of Public Policy
- Managing Attorney at Strong Advocates
- Co-founder United Parents Culver City
- Parent of 5th grade wonderful daughter
- Create Industrial Arts/Trades Academy w pre-apprenticeship programs for high school students who might not attend college
- Continue my engagement with and leadership on the $106 million health & safety bond
- Create partnerships with high-tech companies to create mentorships & internships for our students
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Arts for L.A.'s
- Culver City Unified School District
Fall 2015 Arts & Culture Candidate Survey
LWV Candidate Forum
- CCUSD Responses
- Thursday, October 1, 2015
time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
place: Culver City Mike Balkman Council Chambers, 9770 Culver Bl.
conducted by: League of Women Voters Culver City Unit
video: Culver City TV
- This year's forum will be a 'roundtable' conversation led by former CCUSD Board Member Julie Lugo Cerra. Candidates will discuss current issues of greatest concern to them and to voters. If you would like to suggest any issues for consideration, please email them to email@example.com before Monday, September 28.
- 'Lightly edited version' of the LWV Candidate Forum
- See the entire LWV Candidate Forum rebroadcast each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through November 1 at 7:00 p.m. on the Culver City Channel (Time Warner Channel 35 and Verizon Channel 37).
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.