(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Public Transportation Planner
- Transportation expert: PhD UC Berkeley, Transportation and Urban Geography.
- BART Director District 4.
- Former Executive Director, East Bay Bicycle Coalition (now known as Bike East Bay).
- Represented minority voter rights across the US.
- Improve relations between management and labor by implementing the "Roadmap for Change" recommendations adopted by the Board in September 2014.
- Increase BART's capacity by reinvesting in the core system and preparing for population growth in the Bay Area Region.
- Transform BART stations into vibrant community centers to encourage increased transit use allowing for meeting Statewide GHG emission goals.
- Occupation: City Councilmember/Engineer
- Alameda City Councilmember/Vice-Mayor
- Chair, Alameda County Energy Council, Stopwaste.org
- Chair, Alameda County Planning Commission
- Past President, Alameda Health Care District, Alameda League of Women Voters
- Save the Bay, Past Board Member
- U.C. Berkeley, B.S. Civil & Environmental Engineering; Master of Public Administration
Larry Lionel Young, Jr.
- Improve safety and reliability for BART workers and riders
- Rebuild, modernize and clean BART's aging trains and facilities
- Resolve difficult budget issues with a green and sustainable plan
- Occupation: Realtor/Developer/Teacher
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor of Arts, Speech Communication
- Associate of Arts, Liberal Arts
- Energy Efficiency Sales and Auditing Certificate
- repair relationship between BART management and the UNION
- create revenue streams for BART
- improve BART local and international ridership and image
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
East Bay Express
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.