Los Angeles County, CA
November 5, 2013 Election
In my past four years on the school board I am proud to say my priority has been placing the needs of our KIDS FIRST. A lot of wonderful progress has been made during that time. Yet, as we are all well aware, the past 5 years of deep budget cuts have created a challenge for our public schools.
As our economy continues its recovery, we must continue to:
Our kids and teachers deserve modern and safe facilities, so we must:
- Leverage our existing resources creatively and efficiently
- Institute long-range plans to secure the school district's future
We must also continue to build on our academic successes by:
- address the deferred maintenance and infrastructure needs at all of our school sites
- upgrade our technological capacity and safety systems
- complete the improvements to the athletic fields at the Middle and High Schools, renovate the Frost auditorium, and provide a permanent home for Culver Park High School
- instituting the new Common Core standards with collaborative input from teachers and staff
- providing meaningful professional development towards a shared vision
- continuing to address the needs of the whole child so that our students are challenged and supported
With your support I hope to continue to work with our dedicated team of educators to ensure that CCUSD prepares our students to achieve their dreams. I have the experience, energy, and commitment to tackle these challenges and pledge to focus my incredible work ethic, dedication and passion to serving the children and youth of Culver City.
- a professional with a background in working with budgets, deadlines, clients, staff and government statutes and rules
- a careful and reasoned thinker who is not afraid to question assumptions and delve into innovative solutions
- a board member with a track record for PUTTING OUR KIDS FIRST
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2013 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: October 15, 2013 07:09
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.