GENERAL |ON ISSUES | DEBATES | 3rd PARTIES | FACT CHECKERS | NEWS FILTERS | CAND. PROFILES | MONEY | POLLS
All links open in new window.
ON THE ISSUES
- Vote411 - The League asked some candidates questions. Compare their answers!
- ProCon.org: Which candidate would make the best U.S. President?
Read a simple, nonpartisan, pro-con presentation of the candidates and the issues.
- Council on Foreign Relations Campaign 2012: Track the candidates on foreign policy and national security issues . See also the blog Candidates and the World.
- Project Vote Smart: Find all presidential candidates (including minor and 3rd party) with biographical background, issue positions, voting records, campaign finances and performance evaluations made by over 100 special interest groups.
- Which Candidates Agree with You?
- VoteEasy -- compare major presidential candidates with your views on issues. From Project Vote Smart.
- Select a Candidate: Answer 13 questions and see how the candidates match up with your opinions on today's hot button issues. From
Minnesota Public Radio.
3rd PARTY CANDIDATES
- Expanding the Oct. 3 Debate: 3rd party candidates Jill Stein (Green) and Rocky Anderson (Justice) answer the same questions as Obama/Romney. Full show and edited version available. Produced by Democracy Now!
- The NPR Third-Party Candidate Debate: Gary Johnson (Libertarian) and Jill Stein (Green) answer economic questions. Transcript or audio. Produced by All Things Considered, NPR (11 min).
Monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political
players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews,
and news releases. From Annenberg Political Fact Check, a project
of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania
- PolitiFact.com: Helps you find the truth in the presidential campaign. Reporters and researchers analyze the candidates' speeches, TV ads and interviews and determine whether the claims are accurate. From the St. Petersburg Times and Congressional Quarterly
- Flackcheck.org. Uses parody and humor to debunk false political advertising, poke fun at extreme language, and hold the media accountable for their reporting on political campaigns. From the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania
- RealClearPolitics: Election 2012 - Links to news articles, videos, polls. An independent political web site that culls and publishes commentary, news, polling data, and links to important resources from all points of the political compass. It claims to be a trusted filter for anyone interested in politics.
- Newspaper Endorsements 2012 - Compiled by The American Presidency Project of University of California, Santa Barbara
CANDIDATE PROFILES by News Media
MONEY - CAMPAIGN FINANCE
Secrets.org - find who is giving money to campaigns and how
the campaigns are spending that money. From the Center for
- Federal Election Commission - administers and enforces campaign finance laws. See fundraising by state. Search for donors by name, zip, employer, city.
- Political MoneyLine - comprehensive, timely and objective campaign finance and lobbying information viewable by search. From CQ RollCall
Disclaimer: The links on this page are provided as a service to allow users an easy means to find related nonpartisan information. Use of any information obtained from such sites is voluntary, and reliance on it should be undertaken only after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy, and timeliness.