(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Doug La Malfa
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Small Businessman / Attorney
- Nichols, Catterton, Downing & Reed
- BS degree Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley
- JD degree - San Francisco Law School
- MS degree - Taxation Golden Gate University
- Protect and preserve Social Security and Medicare, for current recipients and for future generations, without resorting to privatization or vouchers.
- Close tax loopholes for the rich without raising marginal income tax rates on small businesses, family farms or individuals earning less than $250,000
- Conserve Northern California's water and natural resources while building a healthier agricultural economy that protects and promotes family farms.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California Education Fund has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
5 questions on Economy, Budget, Energy, Health care, and Campaign financing.
New Districts for 2012!
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
1st Congressional District Candidates
Hosted and moderated by the LWV Redding area.
Thursday, October 4, 2012 -- 6:00 - 7:30 pm
Redding Library Community Room
1100 Parkview Avenue, Redding
1st Congressional District & 4th State Senate District Candidates
Hosted by LWV Butte County & Chico Enterprise-Record
Thursday, October 25, 2012 -- 7 pm
Chico City Council Chambers
421 Main Street, Chico
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the line(s) for US House 1. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
News and Analysis
- Key Votes in Congress
- Enter your zip to see your representatives. Click on the person's name to see how your Congressional Representative voted on many key issues.
Anderson Valley Post - andersonvalleypost.com
Appeal Democrat -- appeal-democrat.com
Chico Enterprise Record - ChicoER.com
Chico News & Review - newsreview.com/chico
Daily Democrat - dailydemocrat.com
Mount Shasta Herald - MtShastaNews.com
Oroville Mercury-Register -- OrovilleMR.com
The Record Searchlight - redding.com
San Jose Mercury News - mercurynews.com
The Union - theunion.com
- LaMalfa, Reed tussle in tea party debate
LaMalfa and Reed take questions 09/11/12
- Shuffling of north state candidates, districts marks ballots
- LaMalfa, Reed to debate one more time; forum will air week after taping
- Reed talks farm subsidies, tax reform at one-sided debate - Democrat says LaMalfa ducks Redding forum
- FEC fines Reed campaign
- LaMalfa, Reed hit the home stretch in race for 1st Congressional District seat - Candidates believe their stances will result in votes
- LaMalfa dominates Reed in contributions
- Congressional candidates duel over economy, Obamacare - Reed, LaMalfa square off on jobs, budget cuts, health care
- Politicians take stand against fire fee
- LaMalfa widens fundraising gap over Reed; Republican gains 5 times as much cash
- LaMalfa, Reed begin final push for votes - Reed, LaMalfa confident as campaigns hit homestretch
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
3/2/04, 11/5/02, 11/7/00, 3/7/00,
- All links open in new window
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.