(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Brian Daniel Whelan
Johnny M. Tacherra
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Dairyman/Business Owner
- Board Member - Oak Grove Veterans Memorial
- Member - California Dairy Campaign
- Member - Farmers Union
- Owner - JT Customs
- Director - Morningstar Dairy
- Job Creation - See my American Jobs 101 Plan
- Limited Government - Fewer restrictions on our Liberty
- Free and Fair Markets
Loraine Goodwin, M.D.,J.D.
- Lower the Deficit
- Cut Wasteful Spending
- Repeal Obama Care
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Physician/Legal Arbitrator/ Community College Teacher
- Doctorate, Medicine (M.D.)
- Doctorate Law, (J.D.)
- Certification Arbitration & Mediation & Governance
- Elected Official Democratic Candidate Congress CD 19 in 2010
- Member, AFSCME, UAPD and past board member & steward
- Trustee, Madera Unified School District 2006-10
- Jobs and I have plans for veterans
- Finance Reform-Families and Kids in Houses
- Health care - Seniors, Veterans, Families
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California Education Fund has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
5 questions on Economy, Budget, Energy, Health care, and Campaign financing.
New Districts for 2012!
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the line(s) for US House 16. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
- Key Votes in Congress
- Enter your zip to see your representatives. Click on the person's name to see how your Congressional Representative voted on many key issues.
- Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Time: 7 - 8:30 PM
Place: Board of Supervisors' Chambers
2222 M Street, Merced
Sponsors: LWV Merced County, AAUW-Merced Branch, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, The Merced County Chamber of Commerce, and the National Council of Negro Women
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
3/2/04, 11/5/02, 11/7/00, 3/7/00,
- All links open in new window
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.