(Vote for 1)
All candidates are welcome to post their campaign information on SmartVoter.org. Any candidate who has not yet received an invitation should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include a viable phone number.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Sean D. Coen
- Occupation: Gang Homicide Prosecutor
- Deputy District Attorney, Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, Hardcore Gang Division
- Prosecuted over 100 jury trials including, murder, rape, robbery, kidnapping, domestic violence, and child molestation
- Supported by Judges and Attorneys
- Received Letter of Commendation from the Head of the Los Angeles City Attorney's Gang Division
- Received Letter of Commendation from the former El Monte Chief of Police
- B.A., English, University of Oregon, J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- My foremost priority is PROTECTION OF THE PUBLIC
- Assure that all parties receive a FAIR AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY to be heard and to guarantee that justice prevails
- To strive that VICTIMS AND FAMILY MEMBERS OF VICTIMS, BE MADE WHOLE to the extent that the criminal justice system allows
- Occupation: Criminal Trial Prosecutor
- Bachelor of Science, Industrial and Labor Relations, 1977 , Cornell University's School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- J.D., Law, Golden Gate University (School of Law), 1985
- Deputy District Attorney, Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office( 1990- Present)
- National Emergency Services, Inc., Regional Manager of Sales and Marketing , Tiburon, CA. 1985- 1989 , an ER Physician Staffing Company,
- Director of Personnel, Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco, CA., 1981-1983
- Labor Negotiator, Assoc. of Flight Attendants, Wash. D.C., 1978-1980
- I stand for PUBLIC SAFETY particularly w/ the Realignment Policy to transfer nonviolent nonserious felons f/ prisons -county jails w/early release
- I stand for ECONOMIC JUSTICE in the Civil Courts. There is a need to ensure litigants with limited legal resources get equal footing in the courts.
- We need to eventually provide public civil counsel assistance, public mediation, public arbitration and other services to foster case settlements.
- Occupation: Attorney / Legal Commentator
- Volunteer Temporary Judge since 2009
- Legal commentator on Fox News Channel, KABC, KFI, KTLK Radio, Ricochet.com on I.P. and Constitutional Law issues.
- Speaker at Harvard Law School, Loyola Law School among others on intellectual property issues.
- J.D. Loyola Law School; B.A. UCLA
- Published Intellectual Property Scholar
- Catechism Teacher; St. Peter Chanel, Hawaiian Garadens, CA
Laurence N. Kaldor
- End the proliferation of paid slate mailers for judicial candidates. They deceive voters.
- Occupation: Domestic Violence Litigator
- JD, Golden Gate University School of Law
- MA, History, University of San Diego
- 2010 Board of Governors, State Bar of California: Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
- 2009-10 Judge Pro Tem: Los Angeles Superior Court: Plaque of Appreciation for more than 40 Days service
- 2009 Plaque for Pro Bono Panel Volunteer Attorney of the Year: From the Harriet Buhai Center for Family Law
- 2008-2011 Harriet Buhai Center for Family Law: A Certificate of Recognition for Pro Bono services rendered
- Equal opportunity and access for all citizens to a fair and unbiased court system, regardless of station
- Helping to positively contribute and offer solutions to the overcrowded, and underfunded Superior Court system
- Equal rights, workers' rights, civil rights as well as worker's right to assemble collectively bargain
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
2 questions on Personal Qualities and Access to the Legal System.
News and Analysis
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.