(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent Council Member
- City Council Member, 2008-present
- Council Liaison, Piedmont Planning Commission, Piedmont Public Safety Committee, League of California Cities, East Bay Division
- Past Council Liaison, Piedmont Recreation Commission, Piedmont Park Commission, Piedmont Environmental Task Force.
- Past Chair, Piedmont Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) Committee
- Past Member, Piedmont CIP Committee
- Past Member, Piedmont Centennial Committee
Robert "Bob" McBain
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Public Safety
- Maintain the high level of municipal services and quality of life
- Occupation: Retired Financial Executive
- Member 2011 Municipal Tax Review Committee
- Past Chair and 6 year Member, Piedmont Recreation Commission
- Investment Chair, Piedmont Educational Foundation
- Past Board Member, Piedmont Parents' Club, Boosters, and numerous sports groups
- Past deacon and leader youth trip to Mexico for 3 years, Piedmont Community Church
- Univ. of Cal, Berkeley, MA/BA Phi Beta Kappa
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Maintain outstanding services while planning future improvements to insure Piedmont high quality of life
- Maintain our community unity while building consensus around difficult issues
- Occupation: City Planning Consultant
- Master of City Planning, UC Berkeley
- Master of Architecture, UC Berkeley
- Bachelor of Arts cum laude, Columbia University
- Licensed architect
- Certified planner
- LEED accredited
- Fiscal responsibililty
- Open and transparent process
- Environmental Leadership
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Piedmont has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
5 questions on City Budgeting, Civic Engagement, 2011 Municipal Tax Review Committee recommendations, Piedmont City Sewer Tax, and Employee Fringe Benefit Costs.
League of Women Voters Candidate Forum and Pros and Cons Presentation
News and Analysis
- KCOM Broadcast Schedule
- The TV Schedule shows times of the rebroadcasts of the Piedmont LWV Election Forum of 1-12-12. The Forum featured the candidates for Piedmont City Council and Piedmont School Board as they presented their ideas and goals and answered questions posed by members of the audience. The Forum also featured Pros and Cons on Measure A, The City Sewer Surtax, presented by the authors of the arguments in the Sample Ballot.
Piedmont Civic Association
The East Bay Express
- Know Your Candidates Before February 7 Election
- City Council Candidates discuss Spending Priorities, Managing Risk, Fiscal/Budget, Undergrounding, Public Forums on City Plans, Multi-year Budgets, Park Bond Funds, Fire Department
- The Blair Park Election?
- Next Tuesday's election in Piedmont could be a referendum on the city council's approval of a controversial sports field.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.