(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Pediatrician
- Co-Chair, Measures B&E School Parcel Tax Campaign, 2009
- President, Piedmont Middle School Parents Club, 2010-11
- Member, Budget Advisory, Wellness Center and Giving Campaign Committees
- Member, Wildwood & Piedmont Middle School Parent Club Boards
- Facilitator, Piedmont Parents Network
- Graduate, Harvard University and Stanford Medical School
- Allocate scarce resources wisely
- Listen to and engage with our community
- Make decisions so that every child feels nurtured and stimulated to reach his or her potential
- Occupation: Retired Financial Executive
- B.A. in History and Literature, Barnard College, Columbia University
- 2011 Winner Art Hecht Volunteer of the Year Award
- Piedmont Choirs Founders Award
- Wildwood Elementary Volunteer of the Year Award
- Board of Directors Piedmont Educational Foundation
- We need to serve the needs of each and every Piedmont student
- We need to better integrate technology into the classroom
- We need to be resourceful about doing more with less
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Vice President, PUSD Board of Education
- Harvard University, A.B. cum laude Government 1981
- University of Virginia Law School, J.D. 1986
- Former President, Citizens Oversight Committee Seismic Safety Bond Program
Jon F. Elliott
- Ensuring the Quality and Breadth of Our Children's Education
- Providing Strong Fiscal Oversight
- Finishing the Seismic Retrofit Program
- Occupation: Environmental Consultant, Educator
- Decade of volunteering in Piedmont schools, including Site Councils: PMS (2006-9), PHS (2009-11); District curriculum and GATE committees
- Chair, Piedmont Unified School District Citizens Advisory Committee on Parcel Tax Measures B & E (2009-11)
- Long-time PUSD parent (12th, 10th, 5th graders)
- 30 years of regulatory compliance and public/private program development
- Extensive community and professional volunteerism
- BSE (Mechanical Engineering), Princeton University; MPP (Master of Public Policy), UC Berkeley; JD (Law), UC Berkeley/Boalt Hall
Nancy "Sunny" Bostrom
- Thoughtful decisions based on rigorous analysis, using best available information to move the District forward
- Timely and meaningful public information, participation, and input
- Effective partnership among the Board, District staff, and the community
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Piedmont has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
2 questions on School Funding and Civic Engagement.
League of Women Voters Candidate Forum and Pros and Cons Presentation
News and Analysis
- KCOM Broadcast Schedule
- The TV Schedule shows times of the rebroadcasts of the Piedmont LWV Election Forum of 1-12-12. The Forum featured the candidates for Piedmont City Council and Piedmont School Board as they presented their ideas and goals and answered questions posed by members of the audience. The Forum also featured Pros and Cons on Measure A, The City Sewer Surtax, presented by the authors of the arguments in the Sample Ballot.
Piedmont Civic Association
The Piedmont Patch
- Q&A with School Board Candidates
- Piedmont Patch asked candidates about their familiarity with financial issues, parcel tax exemptions, students' physical fitness and whether parent donations have reached their limit.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.