(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Taxpayer Advocate/Senator
- Taxpayer Advocate with Americans for Prosperity
- Author of Jessica's Law - One of America's Toughest and Most Comprehensive Sex Offender Control Laws - Approved as Prop 83 by More Than 70% of Voters
- Author of Amber Alert - Produced More Than 200 Successful Reunions of Parents with Their Missing Children
- Author of Military Tuition Law - Provides Permanent Exemption from Non-Resident Tuition at All CA Public Universities for Active Military Personnel
- Founder and Chairman of the Board of Desert Christian Schools 1978-Present; Assemblyman 1996-2002; Senator 2004-Present
- Married to Sharon for 37 Years; Father of Son Micah, Daughter-in-Law Sandy, Daughter Rebekah (Now Serving in the US Coast Guard); Grandfather of Three
- My tax philosophy is simple: Don't overburden the people with excessive tax responsibilities. When the people are over-taxed, liberty is lost.
- I believe that public money is the people's money and should be spent wisely.
- I believe the government has enough of taxpayer money, and the government simply needs to live within its means.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: California Tax Counselor
- Juris Doctorate, 2003
- LLM in Tax, 2004
Willard D. Michlin
- Make the tax system fair
- Hold accountable those who choose to cheat -- costing California taxpayers billions
- Empower small business to create jobs and get the economy moving again
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: CPA/Businessman
- Business Broker/Real Estate Broker
- Due Dilligence Expert
- Business Consultant
(This candidate has not provided any information to Smart Voter)
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Security Officer
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Board of Equalization
Candidate Statements in the Official Voter Information Guide
- Serves on the Board of Equalization, California's elected tax
commission, a body that:
- Oversees the administration of over two dozen tax and fee
programs including sales and use, cigarette and tobacco,
alcohol and fuels tax.
- Serves as the appellate body for California income and
franchise tax cases.
- Oversees the administration of property tax statewide.
Campaign Finance Data
Secretary of State
Google News Search
- All links above open in new window
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.