(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Larry A. Bedard
- Occupation: Emergency Physician
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Health Policy Analyst & Researcher, UCSF
- BA, University of Connecticut
- MS, University of California, Santa Cruz
- PhD, University of California, Santa Cruz
James A. Clever
- Ensure that Marin General Hospital is operated with transparency, accountability, and for the benefit of Marin residents
- Rebuilding Marin General into a seismically safer, state-of-the-art "green" hospital
- Attracting new physicians to Marin to improve access to care and replace retiring physicians
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Stanford U. AB '58, MD '62
- Private practice of Internal Medicine, SF 1970-2005
- Chief of Staff, Pacific Presbyterian Medical Center,1984-7
- Member many not for profit boards in Marin & San Francisco
- Vice President, Marin Healthcare District Board
- Dipsea Race, 31 consecutive years, "in the shirts" 7 times.
- Plan, finance and build new MGH wing to meet seismic code
- Provide highest quality hospital care for all residents of Marin
- Promote healthy lifestyles and behaviors.
- Occupation: Executive Administrator
- Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology, U.C. Berkeley
- Community Volunteer
- Notary Public
Joseph "Joe" Salama
- Restore open meetings and ensure hospital board follows California's open government laws
- Rewrite bylaws to prevent self dealing and financial & other conflicts of interest on hospital board; promote openness & honesty; reward/respect staff
- Realistically address ability to recoup hospital profits taken by Sutter, plan for an earthquake, review $57M IT contract, reduce CEO's $800K/yr pay.
- Occupation: Mediator/Attorney
- Certified and court appointed mediator
- Lived in Marin almost continuously since 1973
- Law Degree
- Economics degreee
- Changing bylaws for board to no longer allow conflicts of interest among board members
- Changing bylaws for board to no longer allow secret meetings
- Changing bylaws for board to permit transparency and public accountatability
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.