(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Ellen Mallory Ulrich
- Occupation: Parent, Community Volunteer
- Co-Chair, Measure L Facilities Bond Campaign
- District Facilities Advisory Committee
- District Impacted Enrollment Committee
- 3 time Site Council Chair, PTA committees
- 2 term San Mateo Park and Rec Commissioner
- MBA - Finance, BA - Political Science
Lory Lorimer Lawson
- Represent parent voices on a balanced School Board with both parent and community members
- Address the District's Program Improvement plan by supporting the high achievement of students and teachers
- Continue my work on facilities modernization and technology implementation
- Occupation: Incumbent
- School & Community Volunteer
- San Mateo-Foster City Resident - 39 years
Julie S. Chan
- Now, more that ever, I believe that every child's education matters; Strong fiscal management is critical;
- Recruitment and retention of quality staff are key; and
- Successful partnerships must be nurtured with parents, cities and communites.
- Occupation: Business Professional/Parent
- Business professional with over 25 years experience, bringing the skills of collaboration, fiscal responsibility, and sound decision-making.
- Parent of two elementary school children enrolled in our public schools
- Education: B.S., Cornell University
- Creating a strong academic curriculum that engages and challenges students at all levels, with an emphasis on improving math.
- Addressing important issues such as future enrollment growth, special education, standards based grading, etc.
- Finding avenues to provide technology, music, physical education, and the arts to all schools.
- Occupation: Software Developer
- BS Business Administration, San Francisco State University
- 19-year resident and homeowner in the district
- Parent of a 4-year-old entering the district schools in 2010
- Planning for the future in an era of fiscal constraint
- Proactively addressing capacity issues, Special Education requirements, and other areas of growing need
- Ensuring that improvements in school scores are matched by real growth in individual student performance
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Candidates' Forum
- Thursday, 8 October
7 - 8 pm
- San Mateo-Foster City School District Board Room, 1170 Chess, Foster City
- Enrollment Top Issue for Candidates 10/21/2009
- School Candidates Talk Budget, Enrollment 10/06/2009
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.