(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
James R. "Jim" Griffith
- Occupation: Engineering Manager
- Sunnyvale Board of Library Trustees, 2004-present (Chair 2005-present)
- Vice-Chair, Silicon Valley Library System Advisory Board
- Founding president, Sutton Place Homeowners Association, 1997-2008
- Graduate, Leadership Sunnyvale and Sunnyvale Neighborhoods Actively Prepare (SNAP)
- Engineering Manager and Lead Engineer for deCarta, Inc.
- B.A. in Mathematics Applied to Computer Science, U.C. Berkeley
Penny M. Kelly
- Balance the budget and set sound, sustainable fiscal policy
- Complete the Downtown Project, revitalize the Downtown, and make Sunnyvale a commercial success
- Improve public safety response time, open and transparent city practices, and parks and library services for residents
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Heritage District Neighborhood Association chairperson 2008-present
- Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce member STAR Network Chairperson, 2007-2008
- Kiwanis of Silicon Valley, Sunnyvale
- Sunnyvale Heritage Park Museum volunteer and keyholder
- Notary Public and Loan Signing Agent
- Volunteer SJ Vet Center, Sunnyvale American Legion, Santa Clara VEC
- Increase communication with residents and employees. Encourage residents' participation.
- Create a healthy environment for businesses to thrive: Restore our town center and fill our commercial space.
- Bring city spending, especially personnel costs, into line while restoring city services
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The the League of Women Voters of Cupertino/Sunnyvale has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Experience, Important Concerns, and Downtown.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.