Results are unofficial until certified
(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Retired Councilman/LAPD
- ms in health and safety
- retired LAPD captain
- TUSD substitute teacher
- gang committee, safety committee
- established crisis response unit LAPD
James R. Gazeley
- public safety
- economic development
- Occupation: Retired Postal Manager
- Currently serving on Planning Commission
- Parks& Rec. Commissioner for 10 years
- Lomita Little League Coach, Manager, and
- Board member for 12 years
- Served in the U.S. Army
- Safety and welfare of Lomita residents
- Preserving the low density in the city
- Repair and maintain streets
- Occupation: Incumbent City Councilmember
- 12 years Lomita City Council
- 3 years Mayor
- 8 years Planning Commission
- 10 years Railroad Commission
- Board Member West Basin Water Association
- State of California Legislative 53rd District Woman of the Year
James P. Thompson
- Support our law enforcement
- Repair and maintenance of our street
- Maintain low density
- Occupation: Businessman/Attorney at Law
- Superior Court Judge Pro Tem (1995-Present)
- Lomita Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (2008, 2009)
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - Loyola Law School
- American Jurisprudence Award Winner
- Phi Beta Kappa
- B.A. Political Science, Public Administration
John J. Roehm
- City Government that Acts in Public's Best Interest
- Energy/Solar Power for Lomita That's Profitable
- City Government that Lives Within Its Citizen's Means
- Occupation: Service Executive
- Presently and for the past 37 years employed at AT&T
- Project Manager for installation of telecommunication services.
- Resolving customers' service issues in a timely manner.
- Setting goals and meeting targets.
- Defining problems and reaching solutions.
- Veteran, service in the U.S. Air Force, 4 years
- Keeping the community of Lomita a safe place to live.
- Maintaining low density housing
- Supporting seniors with their special needs.
- Occupation: High School Teacher
- Parks and Recreation Commissioner
- Masters in Business Administration
- Masters of Science, Mathematics
- Bachelos of Science, Math
- Past Technolgy Project Manager
- Resident Safety
- Increased Technology in Lomita
- Increased Commerce in Lomita
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Lomita
News and Analysis
- Wednesday, October 14, 2009
time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
place: Lomita City Council Chambers, 24300 Narbonne Av
co-sponsored by: City of Lomita, League of Women Voters of Torrance
open to the public
video: Time Warner Cable TV Channel 26
- 11am & 7pm on Oct. 18, Oct. 25, & Nov. 1
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.