ON ISSUES | DEBATES | FACT CHECKERS | NEWS FILTERS | CAND. PROFILES | MONEY | POLLS and more
All links open in new window.
ON THE ISSUES
- President: Fri, September 26; Tues, October 7; Weds, October 15
- Vice President: Thurs, October 2
- Debates 101: Tips on watching debates by the League of Women Voters.
- Commission on Presidential Debates. The nonprofit, bipartisan group sponsors and produces the debates.
- Wikipedia has compiled a list of resources for all primary debates: Democratic and Republican.
Monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political
players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews,
and news releases. From Annenberg Political Fact Check, a project
of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania
- PolitiFact.com: Helps you find the truth in the presidential campaign. Reporters and researchers analyze the candidates' speeches, TV ads and interviews and determine whether the claims are accurate. From the St. Petersburg Times and Congressional Quarterly
- Digg the Candidates -
track the candidates' Digg activity in one place if you are a friend.
The current presidential candidates were asked to participate by submitting news stories and videos - then registered readers vote on which ones they "digg" the most.
- Newstrust.net - find good journalism online from a non-profit, non-partisan
social news network devoted to quality journalism. Find articles
Election 2008, Money in Politics, and sections on the candidates.
- RealClearPolitics: Election 2008 - Links to news articles, videos, polls. An independent political web site that culls and publishes commentary, news, polling data, and links to important resources from all points of the political compass. It claims to be a trusted filter for anyone interested in politics.
CANDIDATE PROFILES by News Media
- NPR Election 2008 - including Candidates on the Issues, Secret Money Project, and more...
NewsHour Vote 2008 - videos, profiles and interviews of candidates,
reporters' blog, health care forum
- CSPAN CampaignNetwork - featured coverage of candidates
- CNN - side-by-side comparison of candidates on the issues plus news stories, fundraising. Good coverage of results.
News - Election HQ - election coverage
- Meet the Press: Meet the Candidates - a collection of interviews with each candidate.
York Times Election 2008 Includes profiles, schedules, calendars, finances,
and where candidates stand on the issues.
Post Campaign Toolbox
Includes profiles, campaign finance, analysis of political video,
live discussions with candidates, and more.
MONEY - CAMPAIGN FINANCE
- The Buying of the President 2008 - how money shapes presidential campaigns. Includes Disclosure Scorecard. From the Center for Public Integrity.
- CQMoneyLine - comprehensive, timely and objective campaign finance and lobbying information
- Grading State Disclosure - comprehensive assessment of state campaign finance disclosure laws and practices. Where does your state rank and why? From the Campaign Disclosure Project.
Secrets.org - find who is giving money to campaigns and how
the campaigns are spending that money. From the Center for
- Federal Election Commission - administers and enforces campaign finance laws. See fundraising by state. Search for donors by name, zip, employer, city.
About the Election
Disclaimer: The links on this page are provided as a service to allow users an easy means to find related nonpartisan information. Use of any information obtained from such sites is voluntary, and reliance on it should be undertaken only after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy, and timeliness.