(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: United States Representative
- Member of House Appropriations Committee
- Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration and Related Agencies
- Subcommittee on Military Quality of Life and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies
- Subcommittee-Homeland Security
- Co-Chair, House Oceans Caucus
- Co-Chair Congressional Organic Caucus
- Environmental Preservation and Protection
- Economic Revitalization
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Agricultural Businessman
- BA in Agribusiness w/minor in Crop Science: Fresno State University
- Owner of, and involved in, Fresh Express Inc. - 'The Pioneer of Packaged Salads'
- President of the Toro Environmental Science and Ag Education Monterey County boards
- Active in the Monterey County Farm Bureau
- Young Life of Monterey County
- Market Place Ministry Salinas Team
Peter G. "Pete" Andresen
- Family Values
- Occupation: Write-in Candidate
- Financial Advisor
- Working to solve the current economic crisis without factionalism.
- Working to develop a sustainable, self reliant enery policy.
- Defend our coast and our local quality of life.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Climate Change, Health Coverage, and Immigration.
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
Capitol Advantage (Yahoo News)
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the line(s) for US House 17. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
- Key Votes in Congress
- Enter your zip and see how your U.S. Senators and Congressional Representative voted on many key issues
News and Analysis
- October 9, 2008 at Hartnell College, 156 Homestead Avenue in Salinas at the Choral Room PA-125. 5:30-8:00 p.m. Sponsored by the Salinanas Valley Chamber of Commerce. For further questions, contact Cathy Martin at 831-424-7611.
Monterey County Herald
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
3/2/04, 11/5/02, 11/7/00, 3/7/00,
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.