(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Attorney/Land Planner
- Member, Environmental Working Group, Technical Advisory Committee, Los Osos Waste Water Project, San Luis Obispo County
- Volunteer Advisor, California Rural Legal Assistance
- Business Owner for 25 years with a proven record of financial management skills which will benefit our community
- J.D., Santa Barbara College of Law
- M.L.A., University of Michigan
- B.A. in Political Science, University of Michigan
Maria M. Kelly
- Support the County's sewer process for Los Osos and will do everything within my power to protect your 218 assessment and get the sewer built.
- Work diligently to resolve the CSD's bankruptcy.
- Restore the community's trust in the CSD as we move forward to address our future needs.
- Occupation: Community Volunteer
- Environmental Working Group, SLO County TAC for the LOWWP
- Founder and Co-Chair for WH2O, Education and outreach program for water conservation/water quality for Los Osos and surrounding Communities
- Appointed member of the LOCSD Water Operations Committee, 2 years
- Volunteer Director for Scholastic Chess program in SLO County
- Solvency of the LOCSD - address bankruptcy, administrative expenses, appropriate expenditure of funds
- Service & Trust - Repair relationships within the community, the county and agencies - serve the community in it's entirety
- Safety - The health of our services ensure our sense of well being ie."safety".
- Occupation: Retired Financial Representative
- LOWWP Technical Advisory Committee, Finance
- LOCSD Grants Committee, Chair
- Pacific Wildlife Care volunteer
- Water reuse and conservation events
- Design-Build Seminar at Cal Poly
- BA from Eastern University, Philadelphia
- Protect the quality of our community services
- Manage our groundwater basin to ensure clean water for the future
- Restore fiscal stability and build public trust
- Occupation: Health Care Provider
- Clinical Microbiologist, Researcher of infectious diseases, Project Manager, Medical Writer (2 AIDS Clinical Trial Protocols), Medical Data Auditor.
- LOCSD committees; Emergency Services Alt., Environmental '06-'07.
- Los Osos Community Advisory Council (elected `06). Committees; Land Use, Outreach. AB2701 Citizens Committee. People Helping People. Sierra Club.
- UC Berkeley, B.A., Microbiology and Immunology, 1982; San Jose State University, B.S., Molecular Biology, 1990.
- Additional Graduate courses; Economics, Accounting, Biostatistics, Epidemiology. Certified Regulatory Affairs Professional (FDA).
- Volunteer member of public; Elfin Forest (SWAP), Sweet Springs (Audubon). Kusamura Bonsai Club. Foothill College Student Campus Center Director.
David B. "Dave" Duggan
- Bring the CSD through its Legal and Financial difficulties, while maintaining service levels & receiving Community input, by giving direction to staff
- Enhance interactions with water users/purveyors and governmental agencies to address salt water intrusion, to provide Stewardship of the Aquifer
- Lay the groundwork for the restoration of Local control over wastewater, under the options outlined in AB2701 and the RWQCB basin plan amendments.
- Occupation: Audio Video Technician
- Graduate of the U.S. Army's Mechanical and Technical School at Fort Belvoir Virginia.
- Veteran's Peer Counselor at Porterville College.
- Special Studies involving audio, video and multi-media at Porterville College.
- Producer on San Luis Obispo County Public Access TV (SLOCoPA)
- By-Laws Committee SLOCoPA
- Once an alternate on the Water Operations Committee LOCSD
- Maintain the solvency of the LOCSD
- Procure funding for projects that will insure the availability of water for build out.
- Replenish and maintain the reserves for funding the services provided by the LOCSD.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.