(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Michael J. O'Gara
- Occupation: Criminal Prosecutor
- 17 years with the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office
- Rated "Well Qualified" by the Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Graduate of UCLA and Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles
C. Edward Mack
- To ensure Justice is served in our County.
- To ensure a fair hearing for all parties in court.
- To ensure that violent offenders are off our streets.
- Occupation: Criminal Trial Attorney
- Vietnam Era War Veteran, Air Force
- Tried over 100 jury trials
- Criminal Experience as Public Defender
- Civil Experience as Judicial Law Clerk
- Experienced in handling high volumes of cases
- To provide justice to all litigants, no matter what background and to run my courtroom with expediency and dignity, exemplifying efficiency
- Establish a mental health court/diversion program
- Establish a juvenile court "Early Prevention/Parental Intervention program to stop gang killings, violence and other gang crimes
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Qualifications, Sentencing, and Media coverage.
- Superior Court of California,
County of Los Angeles
One-Minute Introductory Statements
Interviews with all ten Judicial Candidates scheduled for webcast or broadcast
News and Analysis
- Channel LA36
(expect to see about 1-1/2 minutes of announcements while program loads)
- Torrance Channel 28
October 15 - 28, 8:00 pm
October 29 - November 3, 7:00 pm
L.A. County Bar Association
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.