(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Hilleri Grossman Merritt
- Occupation: Criminal Trial Prosecutor
- Juris Doctor Degree, Loyola Law School, 1993
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, cum laude, UCLA 1990
- Deputy District Attorney, 1994-present
- District Attorney of the Month, 2006
- Sex Crimes Division, 1998-2003
- Leader in the Primary Election, with 48.68% of the vote
Steven A. Simons, Sr
- To preside fairly so that all parties feel their voices are heard, including vicitims, witnesses and jurors.
- To reduce the tremendous courtroom backlog by bringing civil cases to trial in a timely and efficient manner.
- To keep our communities safe by ensuring that repeat/violent offenders receive lengthy prison sentences.
- Occupation: Consumer Rights Litigator
- JD Southwestern University School of Law
- Over 150 Trials and Arbitrations of Civil, Criminal and Probate Cases
- Nominee Pro Bono Attorney of Year State Bar
- Business Owner
- Church Leader
- To serve as a Civil Alternative to the Bench
- Allow litigants to have a fair and impartial hearing
- Strive for speedy resolution of litigation without compromising the parties rights
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Qualifications, Sentencing, and Media coverage.
- Superior Court of California,
County of Los Angeles
One-Minute Introductory Statements
Interviews with all ten Judicial Candidates scheduled for webcast or broadcast
News and Analysis
- Channel LA36
(expect to see about 1-1/2 minutes of announcements while program loads)
- Torrance Channel 28
October 15 - 28, 8:00 pm
October 29 - November 3, 7:00 pm
L.A. County Bar Association
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.