This is an archive of a past election.|
See http://www.smartvoter.org/ca/state/ for current information.
Political Philosophy for Roger Riffenburgh
I am a fiscal conservative and social moderate.
I believe we must encourage personal responsibility.
Californians deserve an effective, efficient government that focuses on its core responsibilities. I support:
1) A balanced budget, on time and without tricks.
2) Schools that deliver diverse opportunities and solid results. I support more local control. I support simplifying state mandates so that more money will get to the classroom. I support vocational opportunities that provide good alternatives to college.
3) Border security and providing services to legal residents.
4) Fair legislative districts, not drawn by incumbents, who have a conflict of interest.
5) Protecting the environment and using Silicon Valley creativity to do it.
6) A death penalty that is fair, sure, and reasonably swift.
7) A strongly pro-choice position.
8) A healthy economy to provide jobs.
Our legislators need to work together to get results.
|| This Contest
November 2006 Home (Ballot Lookup) || About Smart Voter