(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Member of Congress
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: College Administrator
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Steam Engineer
- Lifelong resident of the district, father of 4, married for 33 years to Margie Akin.
- South State Chair (2006-2008) of the Peace and Freedom Party.
- Life-long activist for peace and human rights.
- Active union member since age of 18 (Carpenters, Steelworkers, SEIU).
- Have written two published books on local history, and many articles on history and politics.
- Active in the community as a volunteer for various charitable organizations and activist groups.
- We need full employment, decent wages, and a sharply increased minimum wage.
- Bring our troops home from Iraq now. No more senseless killing in a war based on lies.
- Tax the incomes and assets of the rich to meet human needs. Stop "corporate welfare."
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
Capitol Advantage (Yahoo News)
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the line(s) for US House 44. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
- Key Votes in Congress
- Enter your zip and see how your U.S. Senators and Congressional Representative voted on many key issues
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.