(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: California Attorney General
- CA Senate President, 1994-98
- California State Senate, 1982-98
- California State Assembly, 1973-82
- San Leandro School Board Member, 1968-73
- Obtaining the highest possible return on public investments and helping restore the state budget to long-term fiscal health.
- Planning and managing financial investments in public education, transportation and water to keep CA livable, grow our economy and produce good jobs.
- Ensuring retirement security and good health care for every Californian.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Member, State Board of Equalization
- Degree in Accounting, Summa Cum Laude
- Doctor of Philosophy in Humanities, Honoris Causa
Marian V Smithson
- Save millions of dollars by eliminating New York middlemen.
- Allow Californians to buy federal & state tax-exempt bonds in amounts as little as $100 in a savings bond-type program.
- Oppose all but the most critical of bond issues.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: City Treasurer/CPA
- BS degree in marketing - UCLA
- currently - City Treasurer of West Covina
- currently treasurer of 2100 Club (hospital support org)
- practicing CPA
- past president Chamber of Commerce Women's Division
- Past treasurer - HOA
Mehul M. Thakker
- Get California on a pay-as-you-go financing policy
- Earn maximum return on taxpayers' funds
- Encourage living within means without increasing taxes
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Socially Responsible Investment Advisor
- B. S. Business Management
- Elected Treasurer of NetIP- SFBA (Network of Indian Professionals)
- Community Development Advisor (Affordable Housing, Community Banking)
- Broker to The City of Oakland Treasurer's Office for Socially Screened Corporate Bond Portfolio
- Series 7, 66
- CA Insurance License
E. Justin Noonan
- Invest Taxpayer Dollars for Social Benefit and Financial Returns
- Fix and Fund Schools, Promote Universal Healthcare, Fight Povery
- Generate Revenue to Balance the Budget Through State Ownership and Investment in Large Scale Renewable Energy Assets
- Party: American Independent
- Occupation: Computer Technician
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: No Ballot Designation
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Easy Voter Guide
The Candidates Speak...
Statements and Interviews
- Video Voter
- Select "Treasurer", then candidate name to see a statement by Lockyer, Noonan, Parrish, Sanders, Thakker. Produced by Center for Governmental Studies (2 min. each)
- Free AirTime Project
- Select "Treasurer" then candidate name to see interviews of Lockyer, Noonan, Parrish, Sanders, Thakker. Requires Adobe Flash and Windows Media Player. Produced by the California Channel. (30 min. each)
- KQED/FM Forum
- 10/25. Krasny with Lockyer, Thakker (1 hr)
Campaign Finance Data
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
News and Analysis
CBS5.com, SF Bay Area
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.