(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: California State Insurance Commissioner
- Issued a comprehensive report on the state of health care in California, "Priced Out: The Crisis in California Health Care"
- 1995, Appointed by President Bill Clinton to the number two position in the U.S. Department of the Interior, Deputy Secretary
- Elected to the California State Assembly in 1974 and the State Senate in 1976
- Received MBA from Harvard Business School
- Peace Corps volunteer in Ethiopia with wife, Patti
- Graduate of UC Berkeley where he was an All-Conference football player and champion wrestler
- California must have the best education system so our workers can compete with knowledge and skill in the competitive world market place.
- We must maintain the environmental quality of our Golden State.
- I will work toward every Californian having universal access to affordable health care.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: California State Senator
Donna J. Warren
- I began the movement to abolish California's car tax that now saves an average family $490 in annual DMV fees.
- I am spearheading the effort to stop government from seizing one citizen's property for the private gain of another.
- And I continue to battle waste and fraud in Republican and Democratic administrations.
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Financial Manager/Author
- B.S. in Business Administration from Cal State University at Los Angeles
- Secretary of the Los Angeles Chapter of the Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Former Secretary of the Pacifica National Board (2005)
- 2002 Green Party Candidate for Lt. Governor
- 2004-2005 KPFK Delegate to the Listener Station Board
- Field Organizer for Proposition 66 to amend 3 Strikes to violent felonies
- 3 Strikes. 50 years in prison for stealing $153 worth of video tapes, is cruel and unusual punishment!
- Stop our children and our money from funding the war in Iraq
- Immigration Reform & A Living Wage. The problem is not people trying to survive, the problem is the lack of a living wage!
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Caregiver/Musician
- Enforcing Medical Marijuana Laws
- Full Amnesty for Immigrants
- Freedom to Farm
- Party: American Independent
- Occupation: Real Estate Broker
- Has experience as a business owner currently and over 25 years of corporate mangement experience.
Stewart A. Alexander
- Make state government more efficient.
- Do away with the California state income tax.
- Maintain the family unit as the most important social cell.
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Automobile Sales Consultant
- Member of the Peace and Freedom Party Central Committee
- Executive Director of the African American Civil Liberties Union
- Former political lobbyist for environmental protection, Florida State Capitol
- Political activist State of California, Former Vice President NAACP Inglewood South Bay Branch
- Former political talk show host on KTYM Radio, Inglewood, CA
- Former Candidate for Mayor of Los Angeles in 1989
- Protect California labor, free college education, establish affordable health care and establish affordable housing statewide.
- Protecting the environment, derail planning for a 10 mile tunnel through the Cleveland National Forest, No Liberty Quarry, end dependency on oil.
- Creating jobs by building for our future; now is the time to design and build electric cars, hydrogen vehicles, and light rail systems.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Easy Voter Guide
The Candidates Speak...
Statements and Interviews
- Video Voter
- Select "Lt. Governor", then candidate name to see a statement by Alexander, Garamendi, King, McClintock, Warren. Produced by Center for Governmental Studies. (2 min. each)
- Free AirTime Project
- Select "Lt. Governor" then candidate name to see interviews of Alexander, Garamendi, King, McClintock, Warren. Requires Adobe Flash and Windows Media Player. Produced by the California Channel. (30 min. each)
- SF Chronicle Editorial Board
- on CBS5.com. Garamendi and McClintock (1 hr. video, 10/23)
- KQED/FM Forum
- 10/20. Iverson with Garamendi, King, Shaw, Warren (1 hr)
Campaign Finance Data
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
News and Analysis
CBS5.com, SF Bay Area
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.