(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Joe E. Coto
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Assemblymember, District 23
- Vice Chair California Latino Legislative Caucus
- Chair of Assembly Insurance Committee
- Member of Assembly Education, Human Services, Rules, Budget, Govt Organization Committees
- Chair of the Select Committee on Urban Education
- Superintendent of Schools for 18 years
- Former City Council member
- Economic Development
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Hospital Construction Manager
- BS Engineerting, University of Michigan
- Ethics in Politics
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
Campaign Finance Data
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Project Vote Smart
News and Analysis
- San Jose Mercury News
- Nov. 2006 election articles
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.