(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: State Assemblywoman/Educator
- Chair, Assembly Appropriations Committee
- Member, Assembly Revenue & Tax Cmte.
- Member, Budget Conference Cmte.
- 100% Lifetime Score Cal Labor Fed Scorecard
- 100% Score Sierra Club Scorecard
- Author, California's Tax Amnesty Program that resulted in $4 billion in new tax revenue
- Close egregious tax loopholes that drain funds for schools and healthcare.
- Modernize and improve the Board's tax audit program to stop grwoing tax evasion.
- Provide greater Board education and outreach to help small businesses and MWBEs.
Monica W. Kadera
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman
Cindy Varela Henderson
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Certified Public Accountant
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Telephone Technician
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Board of Equalization
Campaign Finance Data
- Serves on the Board of Equalization, California’s elected tax
commission, a body that:
- Oversees the administration of over two dozen tax and fee
programs including sales and use, cigarette and tobacco,
alcohol and fuels tax.
- Serves as the appellate body for California income and
franchise tax cases.
- Oversees the administration of property tax statewide.
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Statements and Interviews
- Video Voter
- Under "State Board of Equalization", select your District, then candidate name to see a statement by participating candidates. Produced by Center for Governmental Studies. (2 min. each)
- Free AirTime Project
- Select "State Board of Equalization". Requires Adobe Flash and Windows Media Player. Produced by the California Channel. (about 10 min. each)
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.