This is an archive of a past election.|
See http://www.smartvoter.org/ca/scz/ for current information.
Political Philosophy for Cynthia Mathews
Protecting our environment
• As councilmember, Cynthia supported green belt acquisition and expansion of parks
• Served on the Monterey Bay Sanctuary Interagency Task Force
• Supported initiatives for alternative energy, increased recycling, and water conservation
• Supports coordinated transportation planning: safety and circulation improvements,
Promoting a strong local economy and good jobs • As councilmember, Cynthia worked successfully to retain and attract quality jobs • Supported programs to strengthen local business and neighborhood commercial districts • Commits to a thriving downtown that is welcoming to residents and visitors alike • Pledges responsible fiscal policies and a strong economic base to fund city services
Working for housing and safe neighborhoods
• As councilmember, Cynthia worked for new affordable housing downtown and in the beach
Investing in youth; Enriching our quality of life • Leader in expanding youth programs, facilities, and partnerships with schools • Supports safety net services assisting the disadvantaged, seniors, children, and families • Commits to an inclusive community that respects diversity and social justice • Consistent advocate for the arts in our community
Building trust in local government "This is a challenging time for all of us. In times like these, we need leadership with experience and a constructive approach. I will listen carefully to your concerns, and will work to find practical solutions that serve our entire community."
|| This Contest
November 2006 Home (Ballot Lookup) || About Smart Voter
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any candidate or political party.
Created from information supplied by the candidate: September 25, 2006 10:43
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
|| This Contest