(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Santa Cruz City Councilmember
- Founder & former Public Affairs Director, Santa Cruz Planned Parenthood
- 3-Term Council member (Elected 1992, 1996, 2002); Mayor 2006
- Member, Economic Development Council, Conference & Visitors Council
- 35-year resident of SC; active with schools, parks, neighborhoods
- Member, Library Joint Powers Board, Monterey Bay Sanctuary Interagency Task Force
- Recipient, ACLU 2006 "Bell of Freedom" award
- Sustain essential city services and programs by strengthening our local economy and tax base
- Maintain streets; protect our parks and public safety: Yes on Measure H!
- Reflect community needs in long-range plans for City's future: General Plan and proposed UCSC growth
- Occupation: College Teacher/Councilmember
- Four-time Mayor of Santa Cruz
- Five terms on Santa Cruz City Council
- Founding member: Westside Neighbors; Westside Comm. Health Center
- Chief Negotiator, UC-American Federation of Teachers
- Director: Santa Cruz Comm.Credit Union; Vision Santa Cruz; Food and Nutrition Services
- Five terms, Board Member, Santa Cruz Transit District
- Protect and expand City services and salaries/benefits for public employees.
- Expand City tax base to support environmental protection, affordable housing, and City services.
- Involve Santa Cruz residents in City planning and decisions that affect their neighborhoods
- Occupation: Garden Designer/Businesswoman
- Member of the Santa Cruz General Plan Advisory Committee
- Member of County Transportation Funding Task Force
- UCSC Liaison for the Good Neighbor Student Internship
- Member of the Locally Owned Business Alliance
- Co-founder of Santa Cruz Neighbors
- BA Fine Art - UCSC; AA Art - Cabrillo College
Bruce Van Allen
- Sustain our community values and environment
- Ensure Neighborhood networking and safety
- Support local business and create a sustainable economy
Simba d Kenyatta
- Occupation: Software Developer
- Occupation: Community Volunteer
- chair: American Civil Liberties Union (2 yrs.)
- National Coalition Building Institute steering commitee member S.C. chapter
- Chair: Louden Nelson Comm. ctr. advisory committee
- Santa Cruz youth outreach coordinator
- gang intervention and drug abuse prevention work with teenagers
- santa cruz's budget woes
- youth/young adult violence BEFORE there's another seven stabbed downtown.
- I want to increase community involvement in city government particularly by traditonally underrepresented people( people of color,poor people,etc.)
- Occupation: Business Development Professional
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.