(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: San Jose Councilmember
- United States Air Force Academy, BS in International Affairs, Wing Commander (1970)
- Princeton University, Master's degree in Public Affairs (1972); Stanford University (Law Degree) 1978
- San Jose Planning Commissioner 1982-90/SCC Planning Commissioner 1994-00
- Land Trust for Santa Clara County, Founding Bd. Mem., Secretary 1997-98
- Santa Clara County Charter Review Committee, Chair 1997-98
- Berryessa Education Foundation, Founder and President 1992-97
- San Jose needs a strong leader who will bring honesty, fiscal responsibility, and openness to city government.
- We have to make San Jose the best place in the world to start and grow a business so that we get back the jobs and revenues we lost during the bust.
- We need to build housing that our children can afford to live in so our grandkids can grow up around us.
- Occupation: Vice Mayor of San Jose, District 3 Councilmember
- City Councilmember since 1998
- BA, Political Science - San Jose State University
- Recommended the Megan's Law Task Force in 2003; Re-activated the Task Force in 2005
- Partnered with the school district to rebuild Horace Mann Elementary School
- Fought for approval of the Children's Health Initiative, providing access to health insurance for an estimated 71,000 children in Santa Clara County
- Vastly increased the supply of Affordable Housing
- Safe, Healthy and Strong Neighborhoods
- Collaborative Efforts to Enhance Public Education
- Law-Enforcement to Protect all San Jose Families
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of San Jose/Santa Clara in partnership with the San Jose Mercury News has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Growth, Mayor vs. Manager, Public Safety, and City Finances.
Campaign Finance Data
- City of San Jose
- City Clerk Election Page
- Candidate Campaign Disclosure Filings
News and Analysis
- October 11th - 7:30 to 9 pm
- Sponsor: VEP Almaden Neighborhood Association Forum
Location: Gunderson HS Auditorium 622 Gaundabert Lane, San Jose
- October 13th - 6:00 to 7:30 pm
- Sponsor: San Jose Neighborhoods,
Strong Neighborhoods Project Advisory Committee,
San Jose Evergreen Community College District
Location: San Jose City College Theater,
2100 Moorpark Avenue at Bascom Avenue
(3rd building from corner of Moorpark & Bascom)
For more information contact, Randi Kinman, 835-2881 or email email@example.com
- October 23rd - 7:30 to 9 pm
- Sponsors: Berryessa Citizens Advisory Council, Asia Law Alliance
Location: Berryessa Community Center; 3050 Berryessa Rd, San Jose
- October 28th - 1:00 pm
- Sponsors: Commonwealth Club, San Jose Mercury News, KNTV, and NBC11
Location: Anthony R. Soto Theatre, Center for Employment Training (CET), 701 Vine St., San Jose
Doors open at 12pm, doors will close at 12:50pm
- October 30th - 7:30 to 9 pm
- Sponsors: Billy DeFrank LGBT Candidate Forum
Locaion: Billy DeFrank LGBT Community Center, 938 The Alameda, San Jose
- San Jose Mercury News
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.