(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Taxpayer Organization President
- President, CA Club for Growth
- State Assemblyman, 1998-2004
- Republican Caucus Chair
- Chief of Staff, Senator Tom McClintock
- Audit agencies that hand out benefits to illegal immigrants.
- Fight to roll back double tax on gasoline by repealing sales tax on gas.
- Eliminate waste like the L.A. Unified School District, to ensure our tax dollars go to our classrooms, not the bureaucrats.
- Occupation: Business Controller/Senator
- Controller/Auditor of Agro-Jal Farms Inc.
- State Senator
- Former State Assemblyman
- Former Santa Maria Mayor & City Councilman
- Set Sensible Tax Policies
- Use the State Controller's independent audit power to investigate government agencies, pinpoint wasteful spending and fight for California taxpayers.
- Oppose Job-Killing Tax Hikes - Abel will continue to oppose tax hikes that earned him the "Hero of the Taxpayer" award from Americans for Tax Reform
- Occupation: City Treasurer
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, California Western University
- Master of Science in Management, Florida State University
- Former member, Cable Television Review Commission, San Diego County
Bret R. Davis
David L. Harris
- Simplify the California State income tax return by "piggybacking" it to the federal return.
- Maximize state revenues from patents generated through the research capabilities of the Califonia State College and University systems.
- Create a standardized procurement regulation applicable to all state agencies.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Campaign Finance Data
- About the office
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
News and Analysis
Orange County Register
San Francisco Chronicle
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.