(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: State Assemblywoman/Educator
- Chair, Assembly Appropriations Committee
- Member, Assembly Revenue & Tax Cmte.
- Member, Budget Conference Cmte.
- 100% Lifetime Score Cal Labor Fed Scorecard
- 100% Score Sierra Club Scorecard
- Author, California's Tax Amnesty Program that resulted in $4 billion in new tax revenue
- Close egregious tax loopholes that drain funds for schools and healthcare.
- Modernize and improve the Board's tax audit program to stop grwoing tax evasion.
- Provide greater Board education and outreach to help small businesses and MWBEs.
- Occupation: Assemblymember/Internal Auditor
- Member, California Workforce Investment Board
- Member, California Cultural & Historical Emdowment
- 100% Rating Planned Parenthood Califorina
- Led the Board of Equalization's fraud investigation against the mob's diesel tax fraud...and recovered millions
- Challenging George Bush in Federal Court for cutting education
- Authored legislation to rigorously audit billion dollar corporations who only pay $800 in income tax
- The Board of Equalization is supposed to be about the word "equal"... Horton will make sure that every person who pays taxes is treated equally
- Aggressivly collect the billions of dollars lost to the Underground Economy so Californai can fully fund education and health care
- Aggressive and proactive prosecution of illegal businesses who cheat on their taxes
Vonny T. Abbott
- Occupation: Business Woman
- Occupation: CPA/Businesswoman/Accountant
- A well-qualified, first-rate Certified Public Accountant with a strong knowledge and understanding of California's business environment and tax laws
- California State Sales Tax Investigator carrying out investigations of tax fraud resulting in millions of dollars in extra revenue for the State
- Pro Choice, Sierra Club, and Peace Activist
- Bachelor of Science- Business Administration- Accountancy
- Highly respected Educator/Instructor
- As a CPA with public and governmental accounting experience, I am well-qualified to assume the duties of Member, State Board of Equalization
- Streamlining of our tax regulations to generate more funds for improvements to our schools, healthcare, and community programs
- Coordinating communication between state agencies to improve customer service, promote efficiency and crack down on fraud
- Urging Californians to demand that all future candidates for Member, State Board of Equalization, be a qualified CPA at minimum
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Board of Equalization
- Serves on the Board of Equalization, California’s elected tax
commission, a body that:
- Oversees the administration of over two dozen tax and fee
programs including sales and use, cigarette and tobacco,
alcohol and fuels tax.
- Serves as the appellate body for California income and
franchise tax cases.
- Oversees the administration of property tax statewide.
Campaign Finance Data
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.