(Vote for 1)
(35.5%) in Santa Cruz County
(31.83%) in Monterey County
- Occupation: Assistant County Superintendent
- 33 years in education in Santa Cruz County
- Principal of Two Schools
- Teacher for 15 years in regular K-12 schools
- ACSA Administrator of the Year, Monterey Bay Region, 2006
- Blanche Montegue Award for Outstanding Achievement, 2001
- Teacher of the Year, Rio del Mar, 1988
- Take Student Achievement beyond test scores, and bring relevance to students' education.
- Create programs to help recruit and retain highly qualified teachers.
- Work locally and state wide to assist districts with solutions for declining enrollment and the associated funding issues.
(28.4%) in Santa Cruz County
(12.93%) in Monterey County
- Occupation: Educator/School Administrator
- Director of Alternative Education, SCCOE
- General Administrator Special Education, SCCOE
- State President of Alternative School Administrators
- Masters Degree in School Administration
- SC Board of Supervisors proclamation "Outstanding Achievements in Education"
- Watsonville City Council Recognition "Excellence in Education"
- Advocate for full funding for education and insure wise use of taxpayers dollars
- Maximize services to districts to support, recruit and retain highly qualified teachers
- Create collaborative partnerships with community and parents to insure the highest achievement for all students
(22.6%) in Santa Cruz County
(26.10%) in Monterey County
- I see teachers empowered to make classrooms vibrant with critical thinking, creativity and real achievement, so learning isn't reduced to test taking.
- I will protect the rights of parents to withhold student information from military recruiters and work with legislators for equitable funding.
- I will work to reduce administrative costs, improve efficiency, and deliver more resources to classrooms where they are most needed.
(6.6%) in Santa Cruz County
(17.32%) in Monterey County
Rebecca J. Garcia
(6.6%) in Santa Cruz County
(10.85%) in Monterey County
- Occupation: Educator/Trustee
- County Office Administrator
- Classroom Aid
- Parent Volunteer
- Student Achievement under No Child Left Behind requirements
- Improved English proficiency for English Learner students
- Improved health and physical fitness for students
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- In "Cand. Statement Filed" Column Click to view statements for specific contest
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.