(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Dolores A. Carr
- Occupation: Superior Court Judge, Santa Clara County (2000 - present)
- Supervising Judge, Unified Family Court (2005)
- Supervising Judge, Family Division (2002 - 2005)
- Deputy District Attorney, Santa Clara County (1985 - 2000)
- Private Practice Attorney (1980 - 1985)
- J.D. Southwestern University (1980) Admitted to California Bar (1980)
- B.A. in Spanish with Honors, University of California at Berkeley (1975)
- Restore the trust and confidence of the community that the DA's Office will seek truth and justice, not simply convictions.
- Seek feedback from community members and agencies about how we can better serve them.
- Collaborate with law enforcement, the defense bar, and the courts to improve effectiveness and efficiencies in resolving cases.
- Occupation: Chief Deputy District Attorney
- Top prosecutor to District Attorney George Kennedy
- California District Attorneys Association Board of Directors
- Napoleon Menard Trial Advocacy Award
- Victim Support Network, Unsung Hero Award
- Mills College, Graduated with Honors
- Peninsula University Law, Valedictorian
- Public safety: conviction and incarceration of violent offenders
- Innovation: cutting-edge technology to ensure accuracy, fairness and accountability
- Professionalism: integrity in vigorous pursuit of truth, fairness to opposition, open to critique and improvement and compassion for victims
- Occupation: Deputy District Attorney
- California Prosecutor's Association, President (2000-2006)
- Santa Clara County Government Attorneys Association, President (2000-2005)
- California Juvenile Justice Advisory Commission (2003-2005)
- San Jose Medical Center Foundation, Current President
- Walden West Outdoor School Foundation, Founding President
- City of San Jose Citizen Oversight Committee ($159 Million Public Safety Bond Measure), Vice-Chair
- Passing Jessica's Law so sexual predators are monitored 24 hours
- Emphasizing prevention to steer kids away from crime and drugs and expanding proven programs to combat elder abuse
- Stronger management of the office to direct more resources to fighting crime, and an increased focus on ethics
- Occupation: Assistant District Attorney
- 20 years of experience as a Santa Clara County prosecutor
- Founded the Community Prosecution Unit
- Crime prevention
- Community partnerships to ensure ethical law enforcement
- Adequate prosecution to ensure a safe Santa Clara County
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The the Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Experience, Changes, and Budget.
Office of the District Attorney
Santa Clara County Bar Association
News and Analysis
- Video of Mar. 16 Debate
- from San Jose City Clerk. Look for "Special Events" and "District Attorney Candidate Forum". 1 hr. 27 min.
- Transcript of Mar. 16 Debate
- from NBC11
- Candidates Forum - Monday, May 15, 7:00pm
Cupertino Community Hall, Torre Ave. (between Library & City Hall)
Sponsored by Cupertino/Sunnyvale League of Women Voters
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.