Los Angeles County, CA
March 8, 2005 Election
We must take all steps to ensure that our students are offered a superior educational program that maximizes each student's potential and their ability to make good post high school choices.
Although our students are doing well, the adoption of standards-based instructional materials would better prepare our students to achieve their potential.
For more information, see "<http://www.dalepetrulis.com>" and <http://www.dalepetrulis.com/Children.html>
- adopt standards-based textbooks and materials in all content areas and at all school levels
- continue to align our daily instruction to adopted state standards, using teacher expertise and experience to make the instruction meaningful to students
- ensure that we provide all necessary materials for teachers and staff to perform their responsibilities
- hold high expectations for all students while ensuring that we give them the skills to meet those expectations
- invest in our teachers and staff by ensuring that they are provided ongoing standards-based professional development to continue a rigorous instructional program (AB 466-available in mathematics and language arts)
- invite, involve, and support our parents, as partners, in the education of our Redondo Beach students
- provide ongoing professional development for all administrators
- develop instructional leaders representing stakeholders from all groups, including teachers, classified staff, parents and community members
- provide emotional, social and character growth within the materials and teaching provided
"The measure of a society is its reverence for children" Dr. Arnold Gesell (Gesell Instutute of Human Development)
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
March 2005 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: February 10, 2005 09:24
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.